Salt

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I put salt on my chips and my scrambled eggs, and nothing else.

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Salt is alright. It's necessary for some recipes but I hardly ever put in on food once it's finished. Now black pepper I'll grind onto all sorts of things. I love that shit.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I like to add seasoning salts. It's got a bit more of a different flavor to it than just table salt. Otherwise, my wife buys fancy sea salt that I use sometimes.

Oct 12, 2011
As I get older (and rack up the general health issues that come with a western diet) I find I use less and less salt. A bit on steak and baked or broiled fish is about all the salt I'll add to food once it's cooked.

During the cooking process, like when making a big pot of soup, I either use the amount in the recipe or a bit less. Celery in a recipe adds salt naturally and adds flavor besides. I find that I've turned to garlic as the flavoring of choice instead of salt.

Unfortunately, with my paying attention to my salt intake, I have begun reading to labels on the boxed dinners and other products I have been using for years. Sheesh. I tell you if you ever really feel the need to induce depression, that's a great way to go about it. I've been making more and more from-scratch items as a direct result.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Enough to add to the flavour of a meal but not to overpower it.

If you are adding something to drown out the flavour of something else, then you shouldn't really be eating that meal in the first place.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It varies. The real work is in the post-cooking process. You see, you can put salt IN at any time. You can never remove it again.

Dalsyne

Jul 13, 2015
Mr Companion said:
Usually I feel like I've had enough after an hour or two in For Honor.
Funny, this is exactly what I was gonna write.

I add some salt. Not much. Sea salt is my favorite. Crunchy bits of flavor and stuff. Good on buttered toast.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
-Just a pinch when I cook.
-About a handful when my in-laws are cooking.
-About two kilograms after trying to get back into DOTA2 again.