Samsung Galaxy Blocks Bullet During Fight

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
It's gonna be the next Nokia 3310 (or the Nokia brick as people like to call it) isn't it. You know the one, its absolutely in destructible and there's a whole load of memes surrounding it:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/indestructible-nokia-3310

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'm just waiting for this to happen with an Iphone, except instead of stopping the bullet like the other phones, the Iphone merely disintegrates and introduces thousands of glass shards into the body as well.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
Gennadios said:
I was actually wondering if a cellphone could deflect a bullet earlier today. Well, not exactly, the display on the Galaxy was probably Gorilla Glass, I was wondering if it would be feasible to use it as bullet proof inserts in flak jackets instead of ceramic.

Guess it is.
I wouldn't want anyone shooting at me with 7.62mm wearing nothing but smartphone screens in my vest.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
nathan-dts said:
Surprising. Samsung build quality is abysmal. Thin, cheap plastic and an LCD screen won't save you, most of the time. HTC One is probably the only phone that reliably could take a shot.
When it comes to stopping a bullet, you don't really look at material tensile strength. In fact, plastic is made up of strings of intertwined molecules (hence the name polymers), which are usually more effective at dissipating kinetic energy than a thin piece of metal which is more brittle.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Blackwell Stith said:
Han, the owner of the Galaxy...
Is that the best name for someone ever?

On topic, I'm wondering what the gun was. It couldn't have been something large caliber, since I'm assuming that this would have been at reasonably close range, considering one of the two had a knife.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
JoshuaMadoc said:
Thyunda said:
Narcogen said:
Wow. He fell for the wallet scam.
The wallet scam? Care to elaborate?
It's when you use a wallet full of things as bait for people to conveniently scapegoat unwary victims on.
Okay, no offence, but you worded this really strangely. Do you mean that they leave an empty wallet somewhere on the street, wait for someone to pick it up then leap out and insist the finder stole money from the wallet and try to extort them that way?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Squilookle said:
I'm just waiting for this to happen with an Iphone, except instead of stopping the bullet like the other phones, the Iphone merely disintegrates and introduces thousands of glass shards into the body as well.
...and then the battery runs out.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Now if only it were a Nokia and this would have been both beautiful, and hilarious.