Samsung's New 110" UHDTV Bigger than a King-Size Bed

devilmore

Nov 18, 2009
That picture is not of the actual TV I take it. If that TV was 2,6 by 1,8 meters, that would make those two women more than 2 meters tall...not the asian standard.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Dr.Awkward said:
So they actually went and made the 110" model after the the 85" got lambasted with sarcastic reviews on Amazon?

Really, after reading these [http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/product-reviews/B00CMEN95U/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1], would you continue making a bigger model?
Go home, Korea, you're drunk.

More to the point, this is just grandstanding by Samsung, as their primary goal in life is to outshine Sony. They honestly, could not care less about what customers say, they just want to be better than Japan/Sony.

Also, I saw the 85" tv the last time I was in Busan, and good god, it's a bit excessive...and yes, some derpy Koreans will/have bought that tv, even though 99% of the country lives in homes/apartments/officetels that are far too small for a screen of that size.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I... uh... don't get the point.

It's big, I guess. I guess I'll put it in the amphitheater I obviously have that has enough room for my Kinect to work properly. >_>

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
In layman's terms, remember how good you thought 1080p was when you first saw it compared to standard definition? Well, 4K TV makes 1080p look like standard-def.
Maybe if you're sitting with your face three inches from the screen, or actually buy this oversized monstrosity. And even then, you might not be able to see any difference. On a more normal sized TV from a regular viewing distance, I wouldn't believe anyone who told me they could see a noticeable difference. And since nothing the average person watches on their TV will actually run at those resolutions for probably another decade at best, you really won't see any difference at all.

UHDTV's are an even bigger waste of money than 3D TV's were/are. At least 3D TV's had something different going on. We're well into the point of diminishing returns for TV resolutions with this garbage.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Unless they one day unveil a Samsung holodeck colour me unexcited, cause this isn't anything unexpected. How else are they going to peddle new TVs to people. they can't get any flatter, and most of them have DLNA to stream media. They need new gimmicks to get Joe Doe psyched to buy a new TV with something his old flat-screen can't do, no matter how minor the effect will be.

Crimsonmonkeywar

Oct 27, 2013
I'd be more concerned about heat and wattage issues than space(4.5ksqft). When that TV comes into the standard consumers price range, probably 3-5 years from now, will we want to get it? I mean, by then I could buy the TV and build a moderately priced computer that can run 4k, but not if it means turning my house into a furnace and putting my electric bill through the roof. I'm sure other consumers would agree the same.

Also, will I have to use sunscreen?

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Sorry to burst that bubble of yours Samsung but

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.1,cos_1.1.7/142976

and its plasma :).