Samuel L. Jackson Strikes Nine Picture Deal with Marvel

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I must say I'm a bit tired of seeing Mr. Jackson in so many-

Oh, forget it. He's still awesome. He was awesome in Pulp Fiction, awesome in Jackie Brown, awesome in Kill Bill, awesome in Star W-No, actually he sucked in that, but that was a casting problem (I'm assuming, because I've yet to see him suck outside of the SW movies).

I about killed myself laughing at the above picture.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I think we all knew that an angry black men would play an angry black Nick Fury.

And Samuel L. Jackson is the best of them all.

"It was a divine intervention. You know what a divine intervention is, right?"

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Anonymouse said:
This is bullshit. Nick Fury is freaking white... I hate this politically correct bullshit. -.-;;;
They used Ultimate Nick Fury for the movies because he's Samuel L Jackson, and therefore at least 200% more badass than anyone else who isn't Samuel L Jackson.

Lebeau's Bounty

Dec 30, 2008
This is GREAT news. I've been getting scared that things were starting to fall apart for Marvel, specifically re: the Avengers. First with the worry that Norton may not return as Banner, then that Jackson was out, and then that Blunt and Rourke were possibly out of Iron Man 2's running, specifically because of money. But... this is a good sign. I wouldn't want anyone else in this role, and it was such a good cameo.

So: WOOOHOOOO!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
Anonymouse said:
This is bullshit. Nick Fury is freaking white... I hate this politically correct bullshit. -.-;;;
They used Ultimate Nick Fury for the movies because he's Samuel L Jackson, and therefore at least 200% more badass than anyone else who isn't Samuel L Jackson.
Yeah. I do believe they are using the Ultimate versions of the Marvel characters now, instead of the early ones.

And Ultimate Nick Fury is black.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Good, Good http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/Nightmare333/Miscellaneous/?action=view&current=FamilyGuy-Good20Good.gif

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
killme said:
hang on.. i watched iron man last night (coincidence.. or is it??) and i'll be buggered with a cactus if i remember mr l. jackson being in it..
Right at the end after the credits if I'm not mistaken. But yes, Sam L. Jackson with bring at least three explosions worth of awesome to these films.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Souplex said:
Hopefully they follow more ultimate marvel source material and less original marvel source material.
This.

The Ultimates made Thor and Captain America cool. It would be insanity to not just copy them totally.

At least there using the Black Nick Fury from Ultimates. It's a good sigh. That dude is badass.

Anonymouse said:
[img/]http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/samuel_jackson_nick_fury.jpg[/img]

Read the Ultimates. And while your at it, read Ultimate Spiderman too. The Ultimate universe is awesome.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
The Ultimates universe IS great reading, but why did they make Fury SLJ in the first place??? Absolutely no need! If they remade Ultimate Power Man based on Schwarzenegger there'd be blood in the streets!

Ionami

Aug 21, 2008
the captain said:
Samuel L. Jackson took the role of Angry Black Man to new levels. Seems like he only has the one volume setting on his voice, and he made a career out of it. But, then again he's got alot of reasons to be angry. He had his arm cut off, he was eaten by a shark, he had to spend an entire movie hanging out with Bruce Willis, and there was that one time that he was stuck with all those mother fucking snakes on that mother fucking plane!!!
What movie did he get his arm cut off?

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
Awesome news. 9 pictures consecutively with Samuel L Jackson in the same role might be close to being an acceptable level of Samuel L Jackson. :p

I'm loving all these comic movies at the moment because I'm ridiculously naive and think that they will all be brilliant because the source material is. Good trend in the last 2 marvel releases imo so hopefully they can keep the ball rolling.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
All the Marvel movies so far have been great and now that they've got SLJ, they should be even more awesome. I can't wait for The Avengers, should be nothing short of epic.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
Samurai Goomba said:
I must say I'm a bit tired of seeing Mr. Jackson in so many-

Oh, forget it. He's still awesome. He was awesome in Pulp Fiction, awesome in Jackie Brown, awesome in Kill Bill, awesome in Star W-No, actually he sucked in that, but that was a casting problem (I'm assuming, because I've yet to see him suck outside of the SW movies).

I about killed myself laughing at the above picture.
Hahahaha. Oh god.

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
Ionami said:
the captain said:
Samuel L. Jackson took the role of Angry Black Man to new levels. Seems like he only has the one volume setting on his voice, and he made a career out of it. But, then again he's got alot of reasons to be angry. He had his arm cut off, he was eaten by a shark, he had to spend an entire movie hanging out with Bruce Willis, and there was that one time that he was stuck with all those mother fucking snakes on that mother fucking plane!!!
What movie did he get his arm cut off?
Star Wars Episode 3