Samurai Jack is coming in 2016

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
No kidding, Genndy Tartakovsky is coming back to make another season of Samurai Jack. Coming in 2016 on Adult Swim. My childhood just leaped for joy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ[/youtube]

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Right on the heels of Hey Arnold?

Oh my God, it's happening! It's happening! I'm being pandered to! The 80's kids got their shit out of the way with transformers and G.I. Joe, and now the 90's are coming back!

But yeah, seriously, I'm stoked for this.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
You're fucking with me.

*Looks it up*

You're not fucking with me.

*Squees like a little girl*

EDIT: Given that it's gonna be on Adult Swim, what are the chances of them upping the violence level? If it weren't for the fact that most of the bad guys in the show were robots, it would probably be one of the most violent cartoons ever made.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Absolutely great. Guess I'll have to keep up with any news on the development of this. I'm assuming by it coming to adult swim, it will only be more gloriously gory?
Fox12 said:
Oh my God, it's happening! It's happening! I'm being pandered to! The 80's kids got their shit out of the way with transformers and G.I. Joe, and now the 90's are coming back!
Today I learned Samurai Jack came out in the 1990s. Or that 2001 is indeed a part of the 90s.

One last note: who'd be a fitting replacement for Mako's Aku?

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Oh yeah, I forgot that the original voice actor for Aku isn't around anymore. That makes me a sad panda.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Motherf*cker! I just made this thread right now!!

Is this a trend of bring back old beloved cartoon (Hey Arnold and now this?)

OT-

From that image, what is Jack new headwear? I hoping it look cool once it is reveal.

Also yeah I am excited for its return.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
WOOOHOOOOOOO! OH. YOUR. GOD!! YESS!!! FINALLY!!!!

I loved that show soooo much. It was is just awesomeness.
I don't usually fan-gush but this just made my day (right as I'm about to go to bed).

My favorite episodes are the ones with the Scotsman in it. ^^
And the rest.

*Re-posted because of multiple threads.*

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
My topic's title was better. :p

OT: Like many people around this site, I've been looking forward to this for a very long time. Can't wait to see it.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
T0ad 0f Truth said:
So they're doing a new one? Didn't they not finish the old one?
From what I can tell, it's a continuation of the existing show. It didn't end originally.

There's been comics lately which were said to be canon (Genndy did some covers and some of the people who worked on the show also worked on the comics). Not sure if they will incorporate those as canon for the new season as well. The last issue pretty much made an open-ending that would serve as a series ending until something new got made.

Needless to say, I'm excited beyond belief. I've been waiting for some sort of ending, at least in movie form, for far too long. And now they're giving us a whole season! That's amazing. I bet good comic sales helped.

Also, relevant avatar :p

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Beliyal said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
So they're doing a new one? Didn't they not finish the old one?
From what I can tell, it's a continuation of the existing show. It didn't end originally.
Yeah, I thought as much. I had just kind of given up hope of seeing an ending years ago. Here's to hoping that it'll be good. I can't quite bring myself to be excited though.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hallelujah! Praise be to Tartakovsky! It's about damn time we got some closure to Jack's story!

As for who should play Aku, well, the guy who replaced him as Iroh on Avatar: the Last Airbender probably could suffice. Anyone agree?

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I'm going to go ahead an avoid high expectations on this one. GT is a talented guy, but a lot of the times he falls back on his usual style of overly-long pauses, no music, and stiff motions. Those are all fine, and key elements of his style of work, but it gets old when not spaced apart properly. Samurai Jack was NOT immune to this. Plus Mako is dead! I'm sure the new voice of Aku will be fine, but Mako's voice was pretty unique. Nothing against Greg Baldwin, but his Iroh is noticeably different.

Plus, IMHO, Star Wars: Clone Wars sucked. Admittedly that's more because it was just an absolute mess when it came to how Star Wars should be, but the fact that Tartakovsky didn't pick up on that leads me to believe he's a bit stuck in his ways. It's probably fine for Samurai Jack, since it's an original GT creation, but I just don't want to see more GT formula, because I've seen it soooo much by now it holds no interest for me anymore. He needs to evolve the show somehow if I'm going to get fully on board with this.

Naysaying aside, I am glad this is happening either way. Samurai Jack needs a proper conclusion!