San Francisco considering banning circumcision

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42784426/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/?GT1=43001

What do you guys/gals think of this? Should circumcision be outlawed or should it stay because it is a religious practice?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
It should be a decision made by adults if they want it for themselves.

ShakyFt Slasher

Feb 3, 2011
It should be a right because: 1: It is a religious practice, 2: It can keep it from getting certain diseases, and 3: It makes sex more pleasurable

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I think they'd still allow it by consent after 18 years of age. I'm kind of surprised to see it go, but I see their logic; you're inducing great harm on a vulnerable child, and it's often forced on him.

Shaky; They say quite clearly in the article that religions do not get a free pass. If a religion involved sacrificing a young virgin, there wouldn't be sudden exceptions in the law to account for it.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
ShakyFt Slasher said:
It should be a right because: 1: It is a religious practice, 2: It can keep it from getting certain diseases, and 3: It makes sex more pleasurable
Your right with all of those..except with number 3. As something who is un-circumcised, I can say that's false.

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
Since when does a city have the jurisdiction to ban circumcision? If anything, that should be a statewide issue.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
ShakyFt Slasher said:
its only really religious for jews, it doesnt keep you from getting any diseases, it was started to make sex less pleasurable (at least thats why christians did it)

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
There are arguments for and against. But really the decision should be made by when they reach adulthood. And nothing infuriates me more than the ocaisonal woman saying she'll have her son circumcised for aesthetic reasons.

But honestly this thread is going to boil down to uncircumcised and circumcised people's own personal prejudice.
Radoh said:
It should be a decision made by adults if they want it for themselves.
Pretty much this /thread.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
For a so-called "land of the free", America doesn't like giving people choices.
That might be true, but its not really a choice if something is forced on you before you can even speak.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
What the hell happened to our rights? Sure our parents may have chosen for me, but hell I don't care(it is normal for Americans, and we arent even religious)

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
SecretAlienMan said:
Great... more ignorant fascists trying to force their own believes on everyone else... Oh San Francisco, you make me ashamed to be in the same country as you...
It isn't much better to allow children to have decisions forced on them that will permanently alter their bodies against their consent for medical purposes. Medical purposes of which I might add are negligible.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Echer123 said:
Ew, uncut shlongs look like a species of worm that would live 2 miles under the surface of the earth.
So you propose cutting babies instead?

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
Spangles said:
ShakyFt Slasher said:
3: It makes sex more pleasurable
Phallacy.
First, I thought it was a spelling mistake, then I lol'd

But yeah, it's true. From all accounts I've heard, it makes sex far less pleasurable; more worn down glans, by definition removal of the foreskin (which is a very sensitive part of the skin,) and all the complications.

I suppose people should be allowed to do it, but I see no reason why a person in the developed world should do so.