Sandbox Crime Game Premises You'd Like To See

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Here's mine: a cyberpunk version of the 1920s where instead of trying to ban alcohol, they try to ban robotic/genetic augmentation, thanks in no small part to extensive campaigning by zealots calling it 'unholy'. Anyway, you play as a member of a crime family, where you smuggle parts, assassinate politicians and protest leaders, and take out rival gangs.

Alternatively: There's a whole planet that's just a dumping ground for the galaxy's most psychotic and dangerous criminals, and you play as a new arrival trying to work his way up the ranks No More Heroes-style with a series of battles against progressively more unhinged and dangerous crime lords. In between, you'd commit murder, extortion, arson, and jaywalking as part of your effort to become the most feared and dangerous criminal of them all.

Your ideas?

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
New York 5 points district in the mid 19th century, a la gangs of New York

or, go back to the cities in Assassins Creed, the medeveal middle east looks awesome

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I'm boring and want Victorian London. Possibly a steampunk London. Although mid 19th century New York sounds cool too, or Chicago or New Orleans during the prohibition.

Oh oh oh! Or China! Ancient or otherwise. Maybe the backdrop could be the Boxing Uprising.

Game developers, please PM me so I can tell you where to send your money for these awesome ideas =P

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
I'd like an Assassin's Creed spinoff set in London, where the Assassin is actually Jack the Ripper.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
A sandbox based on the internet...and have tyhe internet directly affect the game! And have the game affect the internet!

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
subject_87 said:
Here's mine: a cyberpunk version of the 1920s where instead of trying to ban alcohol, they try to ban robotic/genetic augmentation, thanks in no small part to extensive campaigning by zealots calling it 'unholy'. Anyway, you play as a member of a crime family, where you smuggle parts, assassinate politicians and protest leaders, and take out rival gangs.
Basically, you want a video game adaptation of Automata? It might happen. I'd play it.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Open world Ninja game, where you fight vampires! D: Or a open world game that's like Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, awesome setting. Then I want some futuristic zombie game, there's alot I'd still like to see :/

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Kahunaburger said:
Some kind of non-violent one - like you do heists instead of shootouts.
That could be pretty good. Setting up a heist and organizing a team all in an open world, and then driving to a bank yourself and escaping GTA style, then having to hide and keep the trail cold until you can pull off another one, all unscripted.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
GTA: Dundee, which would sort of make sense in some way, considering the guy who invented it was from here.

But mainly just so I can go around blowing up shit in my hometown

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
The world has wronged you...
TAKE THAT SHIT OVER!

literally an OPEN WORLD game is what i'd like to see. One where you can travel to major cities, iconic locations, and scenic vistas from around the world.

Oh, and i'm still waiting on my Saints Row: Takin' Tokyo where i can smash schoolgirls into the dirt with purple tentacle swords

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Shemming said:
A sandbox based on the internet...and have the internet directly affect the game! And have the game affect the internet!
First, carful with double posts.

Second, I think there is a Deus Ex mod out there just like that...

*Edit*

Yeah, here it is... The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex [http://thenamelessmod.com/real/].

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The world's first supervillain. You begin with either a power(s), gadget(s) of your creation, and/or general tools of trade and special skills. You can develop your character in certain ways. Go on rampages and increase the populations fear of you (civilians will become unnerved and lash out at officials, begin to riot themselves, etc), slowly build up status by doing bigger crimes (from robbing gas station, to robbing banks, etc), take out important characters (Police chiefs, Crime bosses, celebrities, mayor's daughters, etc) and build up crews/slaves. (force thugs to work for you, get mafia's to work for you, bribe government officials with fear,etc) As you improve your status and crimes, your character does to. New variations in powers, more money to build gadgets, and your general skills improve as well.

Negotiating: How well you can work out deals with crime bosses and government

Intimidation: How much you can get people to fear you as a population or individuals

Charisma: How you can sooth people into false protection, or be mischievous

Intelligence: How smart your character has gotten and still is since they began

Strength: How strong is your character after getting grunts to do some of his work

And a few other things I can't think about right now.

You can also access menu's (which also contain miniature menu's) to display how you're affect other NPC's in the game. Such as how much they fear you.

Population fear levels:

General population( adults, children, workers, etc): 94%

The Police force(county, state, etc): 85%

The Government (President, Military, etc): 83%

Other criminals (crime bosses, thugs, etc): 75%

And you can check how much money you have:

Oh your person: $50

Stashed away: $25,000

Spent: $3,000

Share: $2,000

And other things.

So yeah, pretty much that's it. I've been working on this concept for awhile, in my head, and still need to smooth somethings out.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Azaraxzealot said:
Oh, and i'm still waiting on my Saints Row: Takin' Tokyo where i can smash schoolgirls into the dirt with purple tentacle swords
I'd like to setup a pre-order for this game, please. Do I get a collector's edition mini-version of said sword I can put on my desk as part of the bundle?

liger03

Nov 30, 2010
Pretty much Subversion. I don't want to just BS a heist because the objectives tell me to, I want to plot it out. Sending in three hired professionals as I desperately try to shut down every security system the facility might have. As my hired pros knock heads together and reach the bank vault/intelligence room/what have you, I'll be making sure that the next door isn't locked or rigged with explosives, and unlocking/defusing them if it is. On the other hand, I'd also like to play as aforementioned professionals and knock heads together while my hacker buddy keeps the whole place from blowing up.

Wait, bashing schoolgirls with tentacle swords!?

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
"Barbarian"
Gameplay mechanics include pillaging and burning down thatched roof cottages.

Crime and the "evil" route in games overwhelmingly overrepresent spree killing, probably because if you are playing a video game you are probably spree killing already. Hitman and Assassin's Creed (maaaaaybe) are the only games that even bump this up to first degree murder simulation. Where's my arson simulator? What about kidnapping? Planning heists is a great idea for a game! I'm stuck getting my heist fix by breaking into houses in Imperial City and stealing everyone's worthless pewter.