Sarcasm Mark: Stop using Sarcasm Tags!

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Ekonk said:
DragonsAteMyMarbles said:
That sounds amazingly useful. I might just explode with excitement.
Sarcasm... sense... TINGLING...
You're kidding, right? I have absolutely no idea how you'd be able to interpret that as sarcasm. There's no sarcasm mark!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
I like /sarcasm

or just ending posts with ... seems to get a across the point you made wasn't entirely piontless

Also $1.99, that's just foolish. And there's a good chance it'll never take off, even less likely if you have to pay for it; now matter how small it's still cheaper just to /sarcasm it

Also just thought when one person does it can't it just be copied and pasted?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Well this looks SOoOoOo useful!

(that's how I do sarcasm)

The whole point of sarcasm is that is it SUBTLE (love typing subtle in block capitals) as if someone is too stupid to get it maybe they aren't worthy of understanding it.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Skarin said:
Ekonk said:
That sounds amazingly useful. I might just explode with excitement.
Sarcasm... sense... TINGLING...
You're kidding, right? I have absolutely no idea how you'd be able to interpret that as sarcasm. There's no sarcasm mark!
There is now!
That's just wonderful. My life is complete.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
They can't just invent grammar all willy nilly and such!
Why not? Every other punctuation mark had to be invented, why stop inventing now?

Or, I suppose, that commas could have just always existed.

[small]Props to Skarin[/small]

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
What a brilliant idea. I've no idea how we've survived up until this point without this marvellous invention.

Seriously. That's what careful usage of italics is for. Sarcasm isn't supposed to be blatantly obvious. This will be like in real-life conversation saying something and then immediately after saying "That was me being sarcastic, by the way."

If you're doing it properly and the person you are talking to isn't a complete moron then sarcasm shouldn't need to be highlighted like this. It's pointless.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
I'm not sure whether it's bad or good - sure, it'll let you say things more clearly, but it just makes it so obvious - I never like '/sarcasm' tags either.
SirBryghtside, may i just say, your avatar basically sums up exactly how I feel about this whole idea.