Sargent Toughie & Bling cat present: Golden Sun the RP

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
Sargent Toughie is GMing Another rp? His last one just got closed!

Well, I'll have you know that Me and Bling have been planning this for a long time now, and he gave me the rights to open the thread... that's right, this RP will be GMed by 2 people

I'll let Bling Cat tell you all the technical stuff about what we're looking for in the players, and how your characters should look, he's got a freaking spread sheet mapped out for powers and weapons and stuff... I'm just in charge of the story

Feel free to read the story, and get a basic Idea about what you want out of your character, but Do not post in this thread before BC

-------------------------------------------

Cecilia rose her rapier, holding the tip out towards her master as he lowered his broadsword, her master calls out to her

"Are you ready to call it a night yet?"

Cecilia's face hardens
"Not a chance! One more time!"

Her master gives her a look of pity, though it is too dark for her to see it
"She is so desperate to redeem her family name..."

Cecilia dashes forward, striking at her master with the rapier

"Damn you... father"

Her master prepares for the attack, even though Cecilia was at the young age of nineteen... she had her father's gift for power with fire psynergy. and Cecilia had an annoing habit of suprising her master with some new psynergy or attack from time to time

Grecan lets out a sigh of content

"Three more marrige requests, another feast... this is the life"

Grecan has indeed lived a good life, as both of his parents were two of the heroes that lit the lighthouses. But over that, because of his parent's allignments, he had controll over both fire and earth psynergy

but beyond this life of his, Grecan had one great dream, and that was to surpass his parents, to become a hero and a warrior that would be sung about centurys later

needless to say, he had a long way to go

----------------------------------

These are Bling and I's characters. BC, take it away. I'll be slapping down the basis for the actual story once we're ready to start

Oh! and we've only got 6 slots open, so be quick if you want to play

*reminder* Wait untill Bling cat posts, do not post in this thread untill he gets the rules for the gameplay down

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
Alright people, things I need:
Character sheets shoulf look like this:
Name: Duh.
Bio: Anything about your character, backstory, appearance, that sort of thing.
Psynergy: Earth, Water, Fire and Wind. Make your choice.
Weapons: I hate to restrict you, but I need weapons to fall into one of these four types: Axes, Light blades, Heavy blades and Staffs. Each has it's pros and cons.
Armour: Again, sorry. Your armour has to either be: Heavy, Light, or Robes.

That should be all I need on that front.

The combat is rather complicated. I wanted to branch out a little, but still stay within the bounds of familiarity. Essentially, you all have stats. Those stats are determined by your alignment and equipment. They affect your Dice Rolls That's right, I'm using dice for combat. Two 6-siders if you must know. I wont explain the intricacies for a number of reasons.

On your characters, we have a sort of first-come-best-served policy. We want variety, not just a ton of earth adepts, so if you make a character that is simila to someone elses, you better be prepared to fight for the rights to keep your character the same. It helps make the RP that much more fun.

That should be all for now. If I need anything else I'll post it up. Watch this space.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
I thought that Bling's team was going to be hybrid adepts

aside from that little misunderstanding... Sign ups are now open

I need 3 people and he needs 3 people

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
SargentToughie said:
I thought that Bling's team was going to be hybrid adepts

aside from that little misunderstanding... Sign ups are now open

I need 3 people and he needs 3 people
I don't mind if they want to go for a hybrid or not. But they have to bear in mind it can negatively affect their stats if they're a hybrid. It can positively effect them though...

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
It helps to have played the games

Golden sun is possably the best game that ever came out for the GBA, it had a great story and great gameplay, pick it up now

and while you don't really have to know about the game, it helps a whole lot with making your characters

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
fish food carl said:
I like the sound of this, but perhaps a bit of information for those of us who are pig ignorant.

Firstly : What is Golden Sun? Secondly, Do I have to know things about Golden Sun (or anything really) to be any good at this?
Wikia [http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page]. That should help on both fronts. The only drawback I can think of is that you wont know that much about psynergy, but that can be remidied easily by looking through that Wikia.

The Lyre

Jul 2, 2008
Bling Cat said:
SargentToughie said:
okay, 2 spots are saved
Make that a third. I have someone interested who I'm very glad is joining us.
*Feels honoured*

...You...mean me, right?

Just making my bio friendly, in terms of chronology and location, then I'll edit it into here.

Name: Dylan

Bio: Hailing from Lemuria; a small island home to the advanced civilization of the same name in the Great Eastern Sea, Dylan's people prolong their lives via a mystical fountain in the center of Lemuria. A paradise and shelter without equal, yet forever stagnant and constant - without change or further advancement, as it has, apparently, reached the peak of civilization. At least, in the eyes of Lemurians.

Seeking to break away from a monotonous, slow existence, Dylan attempts to follow in the footsteps of a commonly hated individual in Lemuria known as Babi. Babi stole a great deal of a mystical draught with the same effect as the life-preserving fountain, and fled from Lemuria, his actions forcing this great civilization to cease production of this elixir.

Dylan, however, sees this mysterious figure of an age past as an idol - a man who looked at a paradise and saw nothing but pompous stagnation, and rejected it in favour of a life of adventure and excitement, of gratification and surprise. Dylan did not want an easy, laid back life; he wanted struggle, he wanted pain, pleasure, creation and destruction, to ever-escalating heights.

Relieving Lemuria of one of their fine, well-crafted ships, Dylan sets sail into parts unknown, seeking nothing, but expecting a great, great deal.

Psynergy: Water

Weapons: Heavy blades; Zweihänder

Armour: Light; Chainmail

Looking forward to this RP, let me know if my bio is unfriendly in terms of planned plot, or if anything needs changing. I've tried to leave it slightly vague, so that I could hopefully fill in any gaps when more is revealed, if needed.

EDIT; If it is okay, I would very much like to be on Bling's team, and have edited the bio a little to be more suited to that...is that alright? Bling has already agreed, so I guess I just need the okay from Toughie.

Vivaldi

Jul 26, 2008
SargentToughie said:
okay then

2 more openings left, better hop to it people
Can I join? This will be my first RP on The Escapist.

EDIT:
Name: Michael
Bio: Michael was the son of a wealthy owner of a university. From a young age he was coddled and cherished and was taught about books and manners. Eventually he broke free of his protectice parents and took up a martial arts and general soldier's academy and became an excellent swordsman and warrior. He lives day to day doing odd jobs and mercenary work, avoiding his former family life as much as he can.
Psynergy: Fire
Weapons: Heavy blade
Armour: Heavy

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
Character Sheet!
Name: Sam
Bio: Sam studied with the great Shaman Lin-Qui for several years before leaving to make his way in the world. He returned many years later to find his Shaman murdered. He gave him a proper burial before taking his place as earth Shaman and training all prospective students.
Psyenergy: Earth
Weapon: Staff
Armor: Robes