Save Middle Earth and Take The Lord of the Rings Quizzes

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Save Middle Earth and Take The Lord of the Rings Quizzes

Lord of the Rings Online released The Siege of Mirkwood expansion last week so we thought we'd treat you with two quizzes about everything set in Middle Earth.

For many of us dorks, Tolkien's seminal work was the introduction to a lifetime fascination with elves, dwarves, and acquiring fancy magic items. How many times have you read the books? Seen the movies? Played the games?

This week's quizzes draw questions from anything that uses Middle Earth as a setting. As per usual, the normal quiz is geared more towards those who've seen the Peter Jackson trilogy or tried LOTRO, but the Impossible quiz is for serious fans only. You know, the people who can speak in Sindarin and can list every descendant of Aragorn going back to the Fall of Numenor.

That's right, hardcore.

Protect yourself from the Nazgul, and save the Middle Earth by throwing the One Ring into the fires of Mount Doom (and take the quiz.)

(Take the Normal Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/45])
(Take the Impossible Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/46])

Got a quiz of your own you'd like to submit? Send it to [email protected]. If we use it, you'll receive a special badge! Please be sure to put "Quiz" as the subject and include your forum name with your submission.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sigh. Four attempts on the 'Normal'. Stupid ability question =_=

60% on the Impossible. I'll settle for that considering half of the questions I was just guessing and hoping :p

I lied. I decided I wanted to be first on a quizboard for once :p

Octorok

May 28, 2009
These aren't really LotR quizzes at all. They are quizzes on LotR related stuff.

I'm a gigantic Tolkein freak, but I've only played LotRO's free trial and I know sod all about how many special effect shots there were in the Return of the King.

Were they LotR quizzes I would get 100% first time on Normal, maybe two tries on Impossible.

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
Woo! 100% on both, though it took me some time to remember (And, in some cases, to check up in my well worn copies of the books :D OK, and Google in a couple of cases. I admit it. So I'm weak!)

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
3rd so far. On normal.

Only things I don't know is the LOTR online stuff. Never played it.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
2/10, ouch.
I watched the movies and... nothing else.
I own all 4 of the books though, I really should read them.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Why did I do better on the impossible quiz?

3/10 on the normal quiz

6/10 on the impossible one.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I clicked on the normal quiz without realizing it would be asking questions about videogames I've never played, fie on you! I take solace in the fact that I didn't get any questions about the books/films wrong, and that I'm in 20th place even after my multiple attempts.

As for the more challenging quiz, I'm currently 29th with a score of 80% (apparently I didn't know which line/shot was a homage to the Ralph Bakshi film or how many classes were in LOTRO). Huzzah for confirming there is no obscure question about the books you can ask that I won't know the answer to in multiple choice format.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
100% after 4rd try. I blame the LotRO questions, the level cap and the ability one.

MCGT

Sep 27, 2008
2nd on advanced! Fair play to number 1, he's beastly. The two LOTR online and the special effects shots I had to google though.

Edit - 4th on the normal one as well, I hate the questions about the online game.

Intoxicated

Oct 15, 2008
I got extremely lucky on the impossible quiz, four of them were complete guesses (one of the lotro questions (I've only played the free trial), both film questions, and the one about the hobbit).

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Octorok said:
These aren't really LotR quizzes at all. They are quizzes on LotR related stuff.
Couldn't agree more.

The book-related questions on impossible were far from being too difficult, and it's all about the books.

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
MCGT said:
2nd on advanced! Fair play to number 1, he's beastly. The two LOTR online and the special effects shots I had to google though.

Edit - 4th on the normal one as well, I hate the questions about the online game.
You do realize that the quiz was basically in honor of the online game right? Of which the answers are very easy to Google.

Greg Tito said:
Lord of the Rings Online released The Siege of Mirkwood expansion last week so we thought we'd treat you with two quizzes about everything set in Middle Earth.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Why are so many of these based on the games?
I can tell you anything you want about the books, but I know fuck all about the games...

MCGT

Sep 27, 2008
Delmar Wynn said:
MCGT said:

You do realize that the quiz was basically in honor of the online game right? Of which the answers are very easy to Google.

Greg Tito said:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining. Just having a typical Brittish moan about having to do somthing, despite the fact I didn't even have to stand up. Hate's not really a strong word in my area.