Save their world or return to your own

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
Scenario:

At this moment, you have been teleported across several galaxies unto another planet (we'll call this planet Pmal). Once you've arrived, the aliens or "Pmaliens" explain to you that they have been invaded by a force that they cannot physically rival, because their (Pmaliens) mental capabilities develop greatly while their bodies remain ill suited for any kind of combat. They've calculated that within a years time, planet Pmal will have been taken over completely and every Pmalien will have been killed off by the invaders

They have brought you to planet Pmal because your human strength is capable of defeating their invaders and saving planet Pmal. To aid you in the fight, they have formulated a chemical that can enhance the strength of a person to a certain extent. Everything about you will be enhanced, your jump height, your speed, and overall strength, the effects will be permanent. (you won't be super-human but you will be pretty damn impressive)

The catch is that these enhanced abilities won't give you a definite upper hand in the battle, rather it will give you the power to run through all the minor minions and have a pretty evenly matched battle with the "Big Bad" in charge. ( the equivalent of a video game final boss) As with all adventures, there is a good chance you will die. So, what will you choose to do?

Accept the powers and try to save planet Pmal?(you can go back to earth afterwards)

Or, go home knowing Pmal will be taken over and an entire alien race will be exterminated?

Edit: (for the questions that have been asked so far) The Pmaliens so far have lived their lives fairly peacefully and aren't physically suited for combat, for this reason they have no pre-existing knowledge on how to create weapons capable of fighting back their invaders, and because they have less than a years time, it's safe to assume they don't have the time to risk creating and testing out weapons. Also, I purposefully made it so that it wouldn't be an easy choice, you don't know if the Pmaliens are "good" or not. or even why they are being invaded/exterminated. (and if asked, the Pmaliens will say they don't know why either)

Maybe the Pmaliens are an intergalactic race of criminals and the "invaders" are fighting back for justice, maybe not. All you know is that they are being killed off for some reason, and they have asked for your help.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I'd do it. Might as well, I sure as hell aren't doing anything all that great on Earth. BTW congrats by coming up with a plot better than 75% of videogames out there.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I would stay and help because it would destroy my conscience if I left the planet and let them all die, even after they begged me for help and offered to help.

pantsoffdanceoff said:
I'd do it. Might as well, I sure as hell aren't doing anything all that great on Earth. BTW congrats by coming up with a plot better than 75% of videogames out there.
I would totally buy this if it came in game form.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
I'll give it a shot. If I take down the main guy then I will go home. If I can't go home I will stay and be worshiped as their savior. Why would I choose my life over been that awesome?

Maniacal Mouse

Aug 11, 2009
I would probably leave. I would not blindly protect an alien species I just discovered. If it turned out they had very similar ideals as me, then maybe, but it seems like there is hardly enough information to accurately make a decision.

Dr.Poisonfreak

Apr 6, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
im with pantsoffdanceoff this is an awesome idea for a game.

OT: yeah would definitely do it, they would be forever in your debt, you get superpowers, and it's an interesting story to tell when you get home, everyone wins

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
I'd totally do it. Because if I didn't, I'd spend the rest of my life wondering what would have happened if I had.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
i would stomp on the minions then beat the crap out of the "big bad" then enslave the whole alien planet.

Then realise i said that before they gave me the chemical and watch as the Pmaliens teleport me back home as i seem to be worse than the invaders.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
Maniacal Mouse said:
I would probably leave. I would not blindly protect an alien species I just discovered. If it turned out they had very similar ideals as me, then maybe, but it seems like there is hardly enough information to accurately make a decision.
That's the point actually, you don't know anything about these aliens. You're only hearing from their point of view, and all the info you have is that they are being killed off and they're asking for help.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Take the powers, save the planet, get worshiped as a savior, have them beam some hot chicks from home, be set for life. What about there isn't to like?

Dec 14, 2008
I'd stay and help and if I survived I'd ask for there fastest ship in payment for my services, then I would explore the universe.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
id refuse the meds, you all know people will do anything to save their planet, im applying this concept to these aliens aswell, there fore i would assume that the effects.... could be mildly disturbing afterwords. (would be an interesting plot twist, game wise that is)

And then id beat the crap out of the invading forces, why would i need the drugs in the first place? I just need to be more cunning.

actually thinking now, what makes the other side so bad, you are just hearing one side of the story so it could influence my decision somewhat. (another plot twist)

edit: seriously this could be a game if thought through enougth.