Saving The World From The Plutarians! - Accepting Characters, Not Started

PaintyFace

The One Engaged to RavingPenguin
Sep 23, 2010
This was originally just posted as an idea to see if there was interest. Since there is, I'm now looking at potential characters for the RP. Read more in the "Characters" spoiler below.

May, 2015.
Three spaceships crash in Saudi Arabia, leaving twenty-five aliens stranded on Earth. People from the nearest towns go to see, and are attacked and killed. When the army gets to the area, they find the nearest eight towns deserted, and only small fragments of metal left from the ships.

Over the next few days, thousands of people are slaughtered. As news spreads across the planet, people flee their homes. Most of Asia ends up deserted, with people either being attacked or desperately trying to find somewhere safe.

About a week after the crash, a body of an alien is found and examined. They are named Plutarians, and they can only survive in hot weather. When people find this out, they head towards the poles. Large areas of Mexico and the southern US states are abandoned, along with most of South America and large parts of Europe.

Now, six months after the first crash, humanity hides in the coldest parts of the world, hoping to survive. Governments have got together and a team of special agents have been assembled. They will be sent to Asia, to find and kill the Plutarians, and to save the planet. The question is, can they do it?

The Plutarians will be at least 7 foot tall, some up to 7 foot 6 inches (approx 215 - 230 cm for anyone who uses metric). They will have long broad bodies, with wide hips and shoulders, but short arms and legs. They will be fat and slow moving for their race, as they were rich and lived in luxury.
They have basic guns like ours, and they have communications devices. They can only communicate with each other though, and cannot communicate with humans or their home planet.
The aliens can also control human minds, preventing them from feeling any emotion or attempting to attack. This is not something the humans know at the beginning of the RP though.
(Apologies for no picture, but my drawing skills aren't so great. If anyone wants to try a picture, PM it to me so I can check it was what I was thinking of.)

The team will have a leader back in Europe, and one in the team as they go to the aliens. I will control these two characters, and they will be in charge of what happens.
Other members of the team will include:
-Military personnel/soldiers/snipers/etc. These are people who will attack and kill the aliens, or anyone who threatens the mission.
-Scientists. They will be trying to find out more about the aliens, and will look for ways to negotiate with them or tame them, instead of just killing.
-Survival experts. Obviously the team is going to an area of the world that has been abandoned, so there won't necessarily be running water/good food supplies/decent shelter. There is also likely to be long periods in the deserts and jungle.
-Labourers. These will be people who find, gather and carry food and other supplies, who build shelter when necessary and other such jobs.

I will also consider other members on the team, but you'll need to convince me that there's a reason for them to be there.

Anyone wishing to take part in the RP needs to submit a character sheet, and then I'll choose who is in and who is not. All sheets need to be submitted by 11pm GMT on Monday 21st February. Any submitted after this will only be considered for reserves, and may be ignored.
Character sheets can either be posted in this thread or PMed to me.
Name:
Description:
Bio:
Random Fact: (Yes, you do have to give a random fact about your character :3)

If you want to ask me anything, feel free to PM me or post in this thread. Please leave any questions to be answered by me, unless it's obvious from this post and someone has misread it. Thank you!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I'm interested! o/

Although, I think we need to know a bit more about the aliens. Like what sort of technology they have, what they look like. Things like that =P

I'm guessing we'd all be military. Would we still have ranks, or would we all be equal in the team?

PaintyFace

Sep 23, 2010
sky14kemea said:
I'm interested! o/

Although, I think we need to know a bit more about the aliens. Like what sort of technology they have, what they look like. Things like that =P

I'm guessing we'd all be military. Would we still have ranks, or would we all be equal in the team?
Ah yeah. Kinda forgot about the details for the aliens... give me an hour or so to work on that xD

As for the team, I was thinking a bit more James Bond-esque. There might be some military, who are good with guns and fighting... but we'll also probably have a scientist or two, and a couple of people to carry stuff and do other dogsbody work... making shelters, getting food etc etc.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
PaintyFace said:
sky14kemea said:
I'm interested! o/

Ah yeah. Kinda forgot about the details for the aliens... give me an hour or so to work on that xD

As for the team, I was thinking a bit more James Bond-esque. There might be some military, who are good with guns and fighting... but we'll also probably have a scientist or two, and a couple of people to carry stuff and do other dogsbody work... making shelters, getting food etc etc.
James Bond-esque? :D I like that idea! I guess the scientists would try to figure out a way to kill all of the aliens without resorting to brute force?

I'd love to be a sniper >.>

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
PaintyFace said:
sky14kemea said:
I'm interested! o/

seems good as a team would need all those skills and the fact that people who have those certain skills will be very different from those with certain other skills (e.g. scientist is not the same as the people for fighting) though I would properly love to be the guy that is in the team pretty much just because he is as close as they can get to psychotic without the person killing the team.

PaintyFace

Sep 23, 2010
nuba km said:
seems good as a team would need all those skills and the fact that people who have those certain skills will be very different from those with certain other skills (e.g. scientist is not the same as the people for fighting) though I would properly love to be the guy that is in the team pretty much just because he is as close as they can get to psychotic without the person killing the team.
If you make him psychotic, it needs to be for a reason. What caused it? He'll also need a reason for being on the team, even if he is just there to do menial work.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Sounds tasty. I'll put a word in at the Regulars, and see if we can't get the attention of someone or rather...

nuba km said:
seems good as a team would need all those skills and the fact that people who have those certain skills will be very different from those with certain other skills (e.g. scientist is not the same as the people for fighting) though I would properly love to be the guy that is in the team pretty much just because he is as close as they can get to psychotic without the person killing the team.[/quote]

I reckon the idea of having scientists who are by definition as weak as diluted weaksauce would actually improve things.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Sounds interesting... I might try my hand at another RP. I'll probably do the shelter/food gathering work. It is important!

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
PaintyFace said:
nuba km said:
If you make him psychotic, it needs to be for a reason. What caused it? He'll also need a reason for being on the team, even if he is just there to do menial work.
as much as I want to say 'he as seen some weird shit' I will give an actual reason and i will break it into points:
1. when he was 8 years old a cereal killer broke into his house he tied up the family into chairs he then started to eat each of them one by one but luckily one of the neighbours noticed something strange going on and called the police which were able to get there just after the cereal killer killed the father leaving just him and his mother.
2. his mother went to a psychologist but eventually committed suicide.
3. after this he went to an orphanage but as he already started showing psychotic behaviour (e.g. catching small animals for experiments) he was sent to a military school where he started to control his psychotic behaviour.
4. after leaving the military schools with high marks he didn't know what to do with his live he eventually decided to join the military.
5. he flight through all the physical tests with near perfect marks but his mental test showed that he could be a danger to any potential squad members.
6. the military needed some people for a suicide mission with his excellent skills in combat he was picked. during the mission he saved one of squad members but after the mission the surviving squad members described some of the things he did to the enemy soldiers (e.g. cut open one of their head pulled out the brain, placed an active grenade in the brain and through it at some other enemy soldiers) he was forced to leave the army as even though he wanted to save team-mate's live he could still not fully control his psychotic behaviour.
7. now with the new thread of the alien beings he has been picked for the mission as he has amazing combat abilities and he even might be able to mentally scar the aliens but the commander (I presume their is a leader of the squad) has been given orders to shoot him at the first sign that he could endanger the mission.
favoured weapons:
semi-auto glock
trench knife
shotgun (with various types of ammo)
any explosives he can get his hands on
I hope that is a valid explanation of my character please tell me anything you want me to
change.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Im game, sounds fun.
Have some military experience, as well as a ton of weapon info, so i'd be cool with playing one of the soldier-type guys.

PaintyFace

Sep 23, 2010
nuba km said:

I know there isn't a character sheet but here is my idea for my character (I will edit as needed)
First of all, I won't be looking for character sheets soon, I'm still planning this out.

Secondly, your character sounds like he won't work as part of this team. He's too unpredictable, and when we're talking about saving humanity, they wouldn't risk it all by having someone like this on the mission.

If you're really interested in joining, you need to create a character who will work with others and help towards the goal of killing aliens, not someone who could randomly do anything just because he's psychotic.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
PaintyFace said:
nuba km said:

I know there isn't a character sheet but here is my idea for my character (I will edit as needed)
First of all, I won't be looking for character sheets soon, I'm still planning this out.

Secondly, your character sounds like he won't work as part of this team. He's too unpredictable, and when we're talking about saving humanity, they wouldn't risk it all by having someone like this on the mission.

If you're really interested in joining, you need to create a character who will work with others and help towards the goal of killing aliens, not someone who could randomly do anything just because he's psychotic.
OK that seems reasonable, I will make some one different then.

PaleCross28

Feb 11, 2011
how about something like if they scrach you or bite you or something like that you turn into a sort of creture would that work?