Saw Hands-On

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
Gaming as we know it, has finally hit rock bottom. Take the worst aspects of GuroChan, mix in the ability to participate in the depravity, and build this all around a game that is 98% quick-time events.

Seriously, I never SAW the attraction to that movie series.
/bad_pun
It being all quick time events is ver unlikey because the designers can't be that stupid

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
KDR_11k said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Damnit, so even this game may be good? Where have all the truly terrible games gone?
Oh, in previews they always sound good.
True, even Sonic Unleashed sounded good. that being said, it is Konami.
People where optimistic? About a post-Sonic&Knuckles Sonic game?! Proof Sonic team have the lord of darkness of staff.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doug said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
KDR_11k said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Damnit, so even this game may be good? Where have all the truly terrible games gone?
People where optimistic? About a post-Sonic&Knuckles Sonic game?! Proof Sonic team have the lord of darkness of staff.
Check back that far, you'll see people being cautiously optimistic that this is the Sonic game thats going to be the good one, and people saying the other people are idiots. In fact, I think the Game Damage pilt showcases this. We just really want Sonic to be good again.
Ah, no-no, I'd like to see Sonic back on form too - I was a nut for the guy growing up, even collected the comic over here that was always alittle too daff really, I watched the enjoyable SatAM series, and the not so enjoyable other series. I just know, from playing a few of the most recent dropping from the sega Sonic-game-crapper, and know how far he's gone.

I do wish he'd return, but I honestly don't think that Team Sonic are capable of that as they stand now. If your interested, movie Bob did outline a way to possibly save Sonic (and he freely admits that it might not even be the best way and certainly not the only way).

How Sonic got where he is now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hik-TeGQIn0
How he might get saved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDrVRqmrLY

Whoolpurse

Jul 14, 2008
the_tramp said:
I don't think this will work because people will not have any trouble with sticking their hands in a toilet full of needles in game because they themselves aren't getting hurt, which was half of the films, the people not wanting to get hurt. Furthermore, say the reverse bear trap, if you screw up... just hit reset - there's not fear.
What about the fear of having to redo the same bloody thing over and over, failing for the 80th time?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doug said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doug said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
KDR_11k said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Check back that far, you'll see people being cautiously optimistic that this is the Sonic game thats going to be the good one, and people saying the other people are idiots. In fact, I think the Game Damage pilt showcases this. We just really want Sonic to be good again.
Ah, no-no, I'd like to see Sonic back on form too - I was a nut for the guy growing up, even collected the comic over here that was always alittle too daff really, I watched the enjoyable SatAM series, and the not so enjoyable other series. I just know, from playing a few of the most recent dropping from the sega Sonic-game-crapper, and know how far he's gone.

I do wish he'd return, but I honestly don't think that Team Sonic are capable of that as they stand now. If your interested, movie Bob did outline a way to possibly save Sonic (and he freely admits that it might not even be the best way and certainly not the only way).

How Sonic got where he is now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hik-TeGQIn0
How he might get saved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDrVRqmrLY
I really think thats a rather superficial look. The plot in and of itself is not the problem, nor is Sonic's "coolness". Kratos was designed to be the most brutally badass character on the face of the planet, has that stopped him being a great character? Sackboy is made of weaponised cute, is he any weaker for it? Hell, Mario only came about because Nintendo couldn't draw faces, so just put black pixels in to distinguish his face. Game characters hardly ever have a solid beginning, but they can still move on to greatness.

The problem mainly comes from a lack of confidence in the product. Team Sonic can't believe that anyone wants a Sonic game with pure speed, so keep throwing in gimmicks - if you look at all their entries, you'll see they seem to center on speed plus something else that always makes it worse - RPG, Hack and Slash, whatever the hell was wrong with Black Knight. Fix the camera, and the games make themselves. There is no trick to convincing people to the appeal of going very very fast - hell, there's a very successful genre that centers in just that.

Failing that, release a pack on LittleBigPlkanet, and let Sonic go to gaming Valhalla.
Kratos is an unlikable fuck. Sackboy is cute, I'll grant you. What Sonic is is 1990's cool. NOT modern cool. He was as big as Mario once. But is he cool anymore? Hell no. Mario came from a twisted Japanese mind, so I'm not even going to try and explain why a plumber is fighting ancient Japanese demons (the Koopa's).

As for the plot, you REALLY think its ok that their are 3 or 4 or more different versions of Sonic's plot that they've never bothered to clean the hell up? But also, you don't address his other points - those where only 2 of them.