Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
Australia:

Despite our reputation for horror-death animals, we actually have nothing large and carnivorous... Snakes and spiders, sure, but no bears, lions, etc.

The occasional wild dog, but nothing large and meat eating...

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
4RM3D said:
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:
snip
snip
Dunno. I came for ZP like most people do, then started hanging around the off topic forum for both the interesting threads and to reply to the infuriating comments you see all the time, cos for some reason I like to piss myself off.

And I do game, just not as much as most people here and not as much as I used to.
That's pretty interesting. Weird, but interesting.

After thinking for a while,though , I believe I spend more time here in the escapist than actually gaming. That's probably a fault of last year's poor release schedule.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
nefrone said:

We are by far the most coffee addicted nation in the world with 12 kilograms of coffee consumed per capita each year. (Norway is number 2 with 9.9kg)

We don't really care about the quality of that coffee, most of it being the cheapest shit we can find.

(source: wikipedia)
Mate, I am drinking a cup of coffee and having a bottle of Whiskey going on as I read this
I feel this thread has been invaded by English, Americans (USA) and there were at least 8 Swedes out there, we need to get mroe Finnish people to this site!!!

On Topic:
Not only coffee but us Finns like our Alcohol and Sauna!!

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Guffe said:
I feel this thread has been invaded by English, Americans (USA)...
Well, you know what Americans say... The world consists of 2 parts: USA and the rest of the world. XD

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Rawne1980 said:

Pointless Information: We love queues.
I wouldn't say we love queues, but we're all too polite and repressed to object to queuing. Unless you're being sarcastic, which also exemplifies Britain! :D

OT: We owned all of you. The rest of the world is just our sloppy seconds.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
United States

fun fact: our country is about the same size as europe(excluding russa of course)and our navy is as large if not larger then the rest of the worlds combind:)

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Guffe said:
On Topic:
Not quite alone in that regard.

As to the coffee thing, yes, do not mess with their coffee.
http://satwcomic.com/coffee-thief

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
No one from Norway?

I don't know... We have a lot of shit that I don't like though. Everything is fucking expensive, Our laws for everything is retarded, our weather sucks and the list goes on.

I can't really think of anything I love about Norway... sorry.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Old Father Eternity said:
Guffe said:
On Topic:
Not quite alone in that regard.

As to the coffee thing, yes, do not mess with their coffee.
http://satwcomic.com/coffee-thief
The white death is still protecting our coffee even from the worlds of beyond :p

Well there is a lot of good competition when it comes to alcohol yes, and maybe a handful when it comes ot the Sauna : )

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
England.
The worst country ever don't come here we're sorry for anything we've ever done and anything we seem.
Also the people I have experienced are hugely up their own arses.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Cyfu said:
No one from Norway?

Hehe, I noticed the small amount of Finns as well so I made a thread about Scandinavia a few minutes ago :p
I'm coming to visit Norway in May so I'll get too see some of your country then :D

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
Andy Shandy said:

Pointless Information: Our national animal is the unicorn.
really our national animal is the unicorn, that pretty cool i guess, i would of thought it was the lion or something.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Zinzinbadio said:
Info: We invented Basketball, that and were not all that polite in a maple syrup and poutine fueled rage when the Toronto Maple leafs (Hockey Team) lose a game.
A Canadian invented basketball...while living in Boston. Also, the Toronto Maple Leafs: Longest playoff drought in the NHL, but the highest ticket prices.

The US.

We won gold at the WJC this year in Russia. Suck it Canada! (Marcus Subban looked like garbage those last few games.)

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:
Country: Brazil (I feel ashamed of all the bad fame we get online)
How so? When I think of Brazilians online I think of the people you get on bands' facebook pages all the time

"come to Brasil!!!"

"please come to São Paulo!"

on threads about something completely unrelated
League of Legends: Where they got their own server but insist on still playing on NA despite 300 ping, and being unable to communicate with teammates.

Because 'huehuehuehuehue'.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:
Country: Brazil (I feel ashamed of all the bad fame we get online)
How so? When I think of Brazilians online I think of the people you get on bands' facebook pages all the time

"come to Brasil!!!"

"please come to São Paulo!"

on threads about something completely unrelated
League of Legends: Where they got their own server but insist on still playing on NA despite 300 ping, and being unable to communicate with teammates.

Because 'huehuehuehuehue'.
That's actually hilarious.

Andy Shandy said:

Pointless Information: Our national animal is the unicorn.
This is probably just cos they know no one is gonna believe it's worth going up to Scotland to disprove it

(i'm sorry)