Say something nice about Mass Effect 3.

Talexangry

Nov 23, 2009
Let me start by saying that I loved most of Mass Effect 3, the music, the story, the subtle improvements to gameplay even the endings (post extended cut) but the thing that sold it for me was the quality of the Voice Acting. With Jennifer Hale(femshep), Tricia Helfer(EDI) and Brandon Keener(Garrus) being my personal favorate but the whole cast did a fantastic job. I played through with a female Shepard who romanced garrus and the scene between them on earth is so incredibly moving

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I liked seeing the whole gang again.

Struck me as kind of weird that none of your squadmates introduced in ME2 were available as squadmates in ME3. At least Tali and Garrus stuck with you through all three games.

T-004

Mar 26, 2008
+1 on the music love.

Each ME had it's own theme which was perfectly conveyed by the musical score and the score for 3 was just sublime.

The main theme carried a lot of weight and gravitas, which puts it in my top ten of the best vidjama game soundtracks of all time...ALL TIME!

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
Mass Effect 3 provided me with many hours of enjoyment. I didn't find much to criticize about the game and have played far worse in my time.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I liked it. Especially on how ME3 made fun of ME2 regarding calibration, favorite place on citadel, punching journalists, etc.

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
Tali's death after choosing the Geth on Rannoch tore me up emotionally for a week afterwards. It was beautifully done.

Garrus' little chill-out scene makes me smile when I think about it.

Mordin's death had me in tears, cursing Bioware for showing us him singing and at peace when he died.

And even though I never got the scene, Wrex confronting Shepard about the Genophage tampering made me feel hollow inside. I had seriously considered that route, but didn't do it. I'm glad, having seen that little bit.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
You're a touch late, friend. There's been a bajillion[footnote]and by bajillion I mean about 7 or so[/footnote] of these threads already.

To give my two cents and avoid low content, I'm gonna repeat the same thing everyone else has said - the entire game[footnote]Combat, emotional scenes, awesome scenes, chilling with Garrus, Thresher Maws, etc etc.[/footnote] up to the finale was fantastic. It wasn't perfect, and it could have used more 'your choices cause actual significant variation in the story' as the game had been advertised, but all in all it was very good until that end sequence.

EA should have given bioware a few more months to polish up the game - I would have loved them for it.
To be fair, not everyone bought and played the game right when it came out; I beat it for the for the first time about 6 weeks ago for instance. And there's actually only been [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.355362-Say-something-NICE-about-ME3-Spoilers-ahead?page=1"]one[/a] other thread with this particular topic on the escapist before. Trust me, I looked.

Compare that to the number of What's So Great About Half-Life 2 threads.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
The combat was the best in the series, hands down. You'd think being able to roll forward or to the sides is no big deal, but damn son, it is.

I also liked that unlike Mass Effect 2, the weapons actually had stats so you could know which one was better. There was also a nice variety of weapons, even though I rarely switched them, because some of them are just too damn overpowered.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Fuckin' loved ME3. Best game of the entire series. Even the ending was good and not shit. Cry more plex that you didn't get the tailor-made ending you wanted.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
im noticing a lot of positive things being said about mass effect 3. i cant help but wonder...are the countless people who posted anti-mass effect 3 threads and replies just not saying anything because they have nothing nice to say about the game, or has enough time simply passed that people have been able to step back and think "okay, maybe i overreacted just a wee bit"

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
hmmm...
-combat was improved compared to ME2
-powers got more levels
-cool characters (including WWE's very own Batista xD )
-VERY nice un-nice atmosphere (i think the en-vogue terms would be "dark" and "gritty"); especially during the main quests you got this whole the-end-is-nigh feeling
-Samantha Traynor ('s voice actress) <3
-you get to make some real big choices
-you get to kill a fully grown reaper - ON FOOT, mutha[censored]!

and most importantly:
-everything, and i mean everything from the second half of London (where you get to talk to your crew, and listen to that really well done depressing talk via radio where this woman seemingly decides to shoot herself towards the end); rather tough fights; running towards the Pillar of Light, crawling your way towards it, and soon afterwards the toughest choice in a game i ever had to make - which way do you wish to fuck up the current state of the entire galaxy (or rather its remains)? and a great job by J. Hale, of course.

i really don't understand how you could not love the ending. honest. not getting everything explained in detail leaves room for your own imagination (if you still have something like that and are not completely spoiled by the likes of CoD 182, MoH 97 or BF 216). and interpretation. and discussion. IT WAS GREAT!

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Most of it if you ask me it's a good game the ending just falls apart. I mean I don't like any of the romances and all of them are the weakest part spare the ending. But I don't have to do them. And in the end they are relatively insubstantial to the main goal. Well that was a weird tangent but yeah the gamplay is much better then the other two, there are a lot of grate moments, they removed the fucking hacking minigames (Those can work, but they didn't' do them well). Oh and one big thing your crew moved around, they where not all in the same spot all the time witch was a little thing that I liked.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
00slash00 said:
im noticing a lot of positive things being said about mass effect 3. i cant help but wonder...are the countless people who posted anti-mass effect 3 threads and replies just not saying anything because they have nothing nice to say about the game, or has enough time simply passed that people have been able to step back and think "okay, maybe i overreacted just a wee bit"
I'm going for the former, though its probably more a slightly twisted mix of the two.

I could lay down everything I hated about ME3 here and now if I wanted to, and I would not feel like I was over reacting. I could fill the next 7 pages with a rewrite of most of the game that I wrote myself up if I wanted to, however this thread is not for that. Its to express what was good about the game, which I have done my small part on the previous page.

Honestly though, its not worth starting a fuss, especially here. On the BSN I'd probably be more inclined to do so, as that place is a sh*tstorm at the best of times, but really its not worth the effort. I, and anybody else who would decide to do so, would be putting themselves out there for a flamewar between the two sides that would last for a while, and accomplish basically nothing other than derailing and killing the thread. Really not worth it in the end, so much so that even I am managing to fight against my impulse to just quote half the people in this thread and tell them why I think their wrong.

Anyway, off topic, should probably stop discussing such.

Sep 14, 2009
Zhukov said:
It's like the great forum cycle. All this has happened before and will happen again.

[sub][sub]So say we all.[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub][sub]Frakken' repeat threads.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
For some reason, that reminded me of the land before time..

relateable because there are like 30 of those fucking movies now, and these threads just keep coming back and won't die..

OT: the combat was polished from the 2nd one and there was more customization than the second one..music was good, otherwise can't really say I give two shits about it anymore.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
OlasDAlmighty said:
To be fair, not everyone bought and played the game right when it came out; I beat it for the for the first time about 6 weeks ago for instance. And there's actually only been [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.355362-Say-something-NICE-about-ME3-Spoilers-ahead?page=1"]one[/a] other thread with this particular topic on the escapist before. Trust me, I looked.

Compare that to the number of What's So Great About Half-Life 2 threads.
I get that - I have a massive fanboy friend who only got around to playing it a week ago. Although there's a couple [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.383988-Heres-a-wacky-thought-Tell-me-what-you-DO-like-about-Mass-Effect-3#15210506] threads [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.386707-Why-do-people-completely-ignore-how-great-98-of-Mass-Effect-3-was-and-just-focus-on-the-ending?page=1] you missed, and the archives only seem go back to June or July[footnote]Science fact of the day - there were threads about mass effect 3 well before July[/footnote]. As you said in your OP there has been a gap in Mass Effect threads, but my point was that during the heyday I recall participating in at least three of those threads and ignoring at least one.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
Considering the number of things they didn't do right, all in all it was an excellent game and would and have played it again. The free DLC made the endings passable - heck at least I can say endings.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
I honestly liked it very much. It was aesthetically more appealing than Mass Effect 2 where everything was a tint of orange, especially the citadel. I even liked the ending, although I bought the game after the extended cut due to the fact I never by a game in the same month as it comes out.

The only thing I didn't like is that scanning room between the main galaxy map room and the war room.

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
I LOVED ME3. I've played it many many times. I've put countless hours into the multiplayer... Which I'm really wanting to play now...

People say the whole game sucked because of the ending. Yes, I absolutely hate the ending. I haven't even bothered to see the new ending. The second the ghost kid shows up I shut the game off.

I still very much enjoy the rest of the game though.