SC2 Ruined my play-time

Neevar

May 10, 2010
Since i've completed SC2's campaign, i simply can't play any other games installed on my pc, or on the shelf. They all seem dull, so dull that i decided to start a thread on "the escapist". That says alot for me, because i'm not a "forumist".

I need help!
What game should i play?

Should i wait for "heart of the swarm"? :D

Should i leave my room and start building my own battlecruiser?

Apr 28, 2008
This is what happened with me and FPS games when I got Team Fortress 2.

And I say you should play Timesplitters. Just because.

May 23, 2010
Neevar said:
Since i've completed SC2's campaign, i simply can't play any other games installed on my pc, or on the shelf. They all seem dull, so dull that i decided to start a thread on "the escapist". That says alot for me, because i'm not a "forumist".

I need help!
What game should i play?

Play a better RTS, like AoE(1, 2, or mythology), Men of War, or Supreme Commander. Then Starcraft will seem dull.

EDIT: Or play Threadspace:Hyperbol if you can find someone online.

If you don't want to play an RTS then play TF2.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
Neevar said:

I need help!
What game should i play?

Go for achievements? Perhaps you can do the Multi-player. I'm in your boat. My other games fail.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Irridium said:
Can someone please explain this game to me? I really don't see the fun in it.

Neevar

May 10, 2010
[/quote]
Play a better RTS, like AoE(1, 2, or mythology), Men of War, or Supreme Commander. Then Starcraft will seem dull.[/quote]

This is funny. Wherever there's a SC2 Thread you show up and say it sucks compared to other RTS's. I've played AoE, i didn't enjoyed the second, played AoM long time ago, i don't like the looks on Supreme Commander.

[/quote]

Go for achievements? Perhaps you can do the Multi-player. I'm in your boat. My other games fail.[/quote]

I suck at multiplayer, plus, it's not the same :p. Nor the achievements.

P.S. this post shows how much i dwell on forums. I suck at quote-ing aswell.. and at grammar while i'm at it :p

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
That would be me now that I found a working fairly far along legal SWGemu pre-cu...

No other game matters now....

Motoko Minato

Jul 21, 2010
Play Team Fortress 2, or hell, more Starcraft 2. Wish I wanted to play it more, but it's boring getting raped to all forms on platinum.....

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Are you on steam? go purchase some cheap Indie games that peak your interest

MoW is highly enjoyable as is Red Orchestra, i recommend them both.

If you strapped for cash and want something cheap Soldiers:Heroes of world war 2 is on the steam store for a 5ver.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Irridium said:
It's a multiplayer FPS. The main draw to it is its unique artistic style and classes. Basically, it lets you play any class you want and still keeps them balanced. Try it for a couple hours and, if you're anything like most people, you'll be hooked.

OT: Try something completely different. Maybe replay an old game for a bit of a break.

May 23, 2010
Neevar said:
This is funny. Wherever there's a SC2 Thread you show up and say it sucks compared to other RTS's. I've played AoE, i didn't enjoyed the second, played AoM long time ago, i don't like the looks on Supreme Commander.
What can I say, the people need me. You're beyond helping if you didn't like AoE.

ALLIGATOR! AWAY!

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
yea my computer cant run starcraft 2 but damn I'm addicted to Warcraft 3 nothing else entertains me as much

Apr 28, 2008
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Irridium said:
It is quite possibly the most balanced FPS ever made. It also has a completely unique charm, unique, interesting characters, fun entertaining back-story fleshed out through funny comics. Plus through its 2 year release it has been constantly updated and improved with many new maps and items. Plus most of the community is great and helpful.

It just has its own unique, special, and fun charm that no other game has.

Lake Deuteronomy

Jun 6, 2010
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Play a better RTS, like AoE 1,
Because, if you've ever wanted to win a battle by massing flaming horse archers (and one or two ballistae) and attack-moving, no matter what units your opponent chooses, or what tactics they try, or how good their micro is, now you can!

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Irridium said:
It's the ultimate mindless back-and-forth. No plot, reason other than shiny baubles and the sheer experience of it, plus an odd sense of humor at times (though this is not very prevalent in the game itself).. for those people who enjoy that type of shooter, it's heavenly.

OT: Good RTS's I assume you want to play? I'm a fan of the Dawn of War + Expansions. The Risk-esque style of Soulstorm and Dark Crusade are a lot of fun to me. I didn't really dig the second one though. If you'd like some more general recommendations I can oblige.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
Alien Swarm! Great little game on steam for free. Not a rts but it still is a bit tactical!

May 23, 2010
Lake Deuteronomy said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Play a better RTS, like AoE 1,
Because, if you've ever wanted to win a battle by massing flaming horse archers (and one or two ballistae) and attack-moving, no matter what units your opponent chooses, or what tactics they try, or how good their micro is, now you can!
I adore mis-quotes. I really do.
AoE1 isn't at all the best of the series, but is can be enjoyable when played with the right people. (Like AoE:Titans CAN be enjoyable... if everyone agrees not to build titans.)

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ok if you want a story driven RTS you kinda SOL :( but if you dont mind replaying history and or fighting AI get Rise of Nations