SC2 Ruined my play-time

Lake Deuteronomy

Jun 6, 2010
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
I adore mis-quotes. I really do.
AoE1 isn't at all the best of the series, but is can be enjoyable when played with the right people. (Like AoE:Titans CAN be enjoyable... if everyone agrees not to build titans.)
What misquote? Doesn't everyone want at least a taste of what it was like to be the mongolians and just roflstomp the shit out of everything?

Yeah, I actually found the first Mythology kinda alright, but never got into Titans.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
John Funk said:
...what's wrong with playing more StarCraft?
I'm with Funk. I'm loving the game; there's no such thing as too much.

Unless, y'know, you start sacrificing eating, sleeping, breathing...

Anyways, if you're in the mood for another RTS I highly recommend Dawn of War (the first one; hated the second). It's pretty well balanced, the campaign is great and the skirmishes are a lot of fun.

May 23, 2010
Lake Deuteronomy said:
What misquote? Doesn't everyone want at least a taste of what it was like to be the mongolians and just roflstomp the shit out of everything?

Yeah, I actually found the first Mythology kinda alright, but never got into Titans.
You focused on one bit, not the others. It looked like I only reccomended AoE1, which in reality was the worst game I had reccomended. You might not have meant to do it, but that's how it seemed - if you didn't mean to do that then I'm sorry.

To be honest, I haven't played AoE since the disk scratched to hell, I just remember enjoying it. Are Mongolians in AoE1? In AoE2 I'd say the teutons are best...

Sgt AssHead

Jun 28, 2010
Halo Wars! Joking, but I used to like Dawn of War quite a bit, but stopped playing when my computer crapped out on me.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
John Funk said:
Well, since he said he sucks at multiplayer - suggesting he doesn't enjoy that - "more Starcraft" would just be playing the campaign again, or challenges, or possibly against the AI in custom games (though if you're not good at MP you probably won't fare well there either, at least against higher-level AI).

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Play a better RTS, like AoE(1, 2, or mythology), Men of War, or Supreme Commander. Then Starcraft will seem dull.
now im not saying the gameplay isnt standard fair, but I will say that the presentation and way that they created the story and in-between for the missions make this SO much better than other RTS's, I love other RTS's too but... damn, is that a good story/game... at least compared to the others in the genre

Oldmanwillow

Mar 30, 2009
Neevar said:
Since i've completed SC2's campaign, i simply can't play any other games installed on my pc, or on the shelf. They all seem dull, so dull that i decided to start a thread on "the escapist". That says alot for me, because i'm not a "forumist".

I need help!
What game should i play?

Should i wait for "heart of the swarm"? :D

Should i leave my room and start building my own battlecruiser?
Play a better RTS i recommend Dawn of war 1 ( dawn of war 2 is ok but 1 is way better), company of hero's, or sins of a solar empire. all 3 of thoses rts are way better do to 1) more tatical combat wanting you to micro manage more 2 way bigger scale.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Neevar said:
Since i've completed SC2's campaign, i simply can't play any other games installed on my pc, or on the shelf. They all seem dull, so dull that i decided to start a thread on "the escapist". That says alot for me, because i'm not a "forumist".

I need help!
What game should i play?

Play a different RTS, like AoE(1, 2, or mythology), Men of War, or Supreme Commander. Then Starcraft will seem dull.

EDIT: Or play Threadspace:Hyperbol if you can find someone online.

If you don't want to play an RTS then play TF2.
Fixed for you. Add in Dawn of War (I don't recommend the second one though or Soulstorm) in that list.
Oldmanwillow said:
Neevar said:

I need help!
What game should i play?

Play a better RTS i recommend Dawn of war 1 ( dawn of war 2 is ok but 1 is way better), company of hero's, or sins of a solar empire. all 3 of thoses rts are way better do to 1) more tatical combat wanting you to micro manage more 2 way bigger scale.
Pio-spam, capital spam with mass transcendence with illuminators as support likes to say hi to your tactical combat and crushes it with mass spam.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
John Funk said:
But Mr. Funk! What if I don't play RTS games?

Although I played Civilization: Revolution the other day and had a good time.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
find some sc2 custom games. i know there is contra, pacman, tertis, a fps, and rpg, and a bunch of other variants all made from the sc2 map editor. you will still have the feel of sc2 without needing to buy another game

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Neevar said:

I need help!
What game should i play?

Play a better RTS, like AoE(1, 2, or mythology), Men of War, or Supreme Commander. Then Starcraft will seem dull.

EDIT: Or play Threadspace:Hyperbol if you can find someone online.

If you don't want to play an RTS then play TF2.
How would you consider Supreme Commander or Men of War a better RTS than Starcraft 2 when they have different game mechanics. Age of Mythology was good and I've put in a good amount of time, although far less than Brood War but 1 and 2 were just ugly sorts.

wolfshrimp

May 6, 2009
The Company of Heroes series is fun, bit more tactical feel to it while still being a decent rts.
Ground Control?
Battlezone and Battlezone II?
Homeworld series?

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Oldmanwillow said:
Neevar said:

I need help!
What game should i play?

Fnny thing about that but Dawn of War 1 has the exact same unit cap, just bigger models than Starcraft, Dawn of War 2 is slow as all hell and doesn't even require base building, which I was much angered by. Sins is definitely a lot bigger tactically, but he just said he doesn't do multiplayer well, which Sins has no storyline. Company of Heroes has the same unit cap too and I'd say SC2 is definitely the most tactical since you actually have to micro manage economy on top of forces, upgrades, and counters.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
wolfshrimp said:
The Company of Heroes series is fun, bit more tactical feel to it while still being a decent rts.
Ground Control?
Battlezone and Battlezone II?
Homeworld series?
Oh lord yes to Homeworld 2. That was an amazing RTS.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Irridium said:
This is what happened with me and FPS games when I got Team Fortress 2.

And I say you should play Timesplitters. Just because.
Yes. To both of these.
[small]I really can't stop playing tf2...[/small]