Scammers Lead to Closure of League of Legends Chat Rooms

The Forces of Chaos

Mar 25, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
And barely anyone cared or noticed. Though I do like how Riot actually y'know care about removing as much toxicity from the game as possible. They could just ignore it and still get away with it cuz the game is so popular but they even ban pro players. That's some respectable dedication.

The Forces of Chaos said:
Wow the irony that Dota 2 released new emotes for the Dota chat is not lost on me. Still isn't this a big over reaction? It seems to me this will just cause more issues than rectify this minor issue. I hope Riot rethink this decision.
To be honest I think people will really not care, maybe some popular streamers since I think they might have used it but Riot will have taken that into consideration i'm sure. Especially when compared to them removing the Journal of Justice entirely semi-recently ago as well, people were pretty vocal about that. Riot didn't even need to "address" that we all know they just stopped giving a fuck about the lore for more e-sports.

Does the DOTA client have a public chat by the way? I don't play it much so I must have missed it entirely or did they throw emotes into the actual in-game chat? Oh is it a Steam thing, I hear they added emotes from the Summer Sale or something.
It has several Chat channels (in game), and they added compendium emotes for those. Also you can get the separate steam Dota 2 emotes.