Scared to play Bioshock 2

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
While I do not consider Bioshock 2 to be anywhere near as good as its predecessor, it's not a bad game in its own right. It's worth the time it takes to play.

I do not think it will "ruin" Bioshock for you, or indeed anyone.

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
The story is fine, I suppose. Since right-wingers were upset that Bioshock is set in a dystopia based on 'Atlas Shrugged', they decided to cave (as Democrats will do) and make the next game set in a dystopia based on 'Animal Farm'.

And yes, Bioshock Infinite's denizens look based on xenophobic Tea Partiers.

Look, I enjoy talking politics as much as the next guy but I play a game to relax, not to make me angrier....

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
The combat is better and the hacking is better.
The story is meh.
and the little sisters can go drown in the ocean for all I care.

Overall it's worth the playthrough.

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
I love both bioshock games, but even I will admit that the first one has a better story and is more intense. The second game is still fun, and it is great to get back into Rapture, but since you are playing as a big daddy, the individual splicers are less of a threat. The weapons are more unique, and all around more fun to play with, and you now dual wield a gun and your plasmids at the same time, but this mostly just serves to make it easier to kill the basic splicers. The other big daddies are tough, and the big sisters are a pain to deal with until you upgrade enough, so it can still be a challenge.

Also if you liked all the philosophy stuff in the first one then clap you'r hands together and squeal for joy because its back and there is even more of it this time around. More than anything else the game tells the story of Rapture not the character; when I am playing this game I feel like a side character in some epic tale, like it isn't my story at all. Rapture, the city and its history steal the spotlight, and that's not so bad in my book.

In the end my official suggestion is that you should play the game, but keep in mind that the story in both Bioshock games focuses on the city, and unraveling the mystery of what happened and what is going on; the plot is just an excuse to get you to explore new areas. This is more true for the second game than for the first one, but you should still keep it in mind, and if you aren't listening to every audio diary then you are cheating yourself.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
You don't have to buy the whole thing before playing it. Try the demo first, and maybe give it a rent. Also watch reviews and commentary free gameplay videos to see if it's something you'll enjoy. There are ways of determining your moneys worth. It's not the NES era anymore.

Ivan Kevin Subang

Dec 4, 2011
Justyn Stahll said:
I just recently got Bioshock 2 (thanks Nebraska) and to celebrate I re-played Bioshock. I finished it and had a lot of fun from playing it again. Then I looked at Bioshock 2 and I don't know I just couldn't bring myself to play it and I don't know why. It's just Bioshock with a new look,character and story. I don't know if I'm scared to play it or I just can't bring myself to play it? HELP ME ESCAPISTS! PWEEZ!

P.S- this is my first thread and I expect A grand total of 5 people are going to see this awesome I am on an Internet fourm :D
well i bought Bioshock 2 as well it's such a good game though I've played a couple of levels up to Dionysus park i don't know if i overcame the fear of plying it but then i left the game and haven't played since now but i'm still in Dionysus park, idk if i'm scared to play the game or also just can;t bring myself to play it either, could you plss help me??

CityofTreez

Sep 2, 2011
It's fun, but as others have said not as good as the first one.

Still worth a play thru though.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
I'll chime in to say that I liked Bioshock 2 a lot more then I liked Bioshock 1.

- Gameplay is amazingly better. Being able to use plasmids and weapons simultaneously transforms the game from the drudgery that was Bioshock1 into a real joy that is Bioshock2. The traps are really tactical in Bioshock 2 as well.

- Sophia Lamb is a much better villain then Fontaine.
She takes great effort to study "Why Ryan Went Wrong", and takes the complete opposite stance. Rationally, she has a lot of reasons for what she does, she just can't understand that she's gone too far.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Bioshock 2 is worth playing.

It's isn't as good as the first one and feels rather unnecessary, but it won't ruin anything for you.

EDIT: Oh, it's a resurrected thread. How jolly. And, even worse, it's one I already posted in the first time around. Awkward.