Scarface Earns Guinness Record For Foul Language

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Wait are they counting just scripted dialogue? Because sure you could call your buddy 100 times in a row and say "fuck" everytime but would that really count?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I still can't get over the fact that the premise for the Scarface game is that Tony survives the slaughter at the end of the movie instead of getting killed. It just seems so facepalm worthy.

The Random One said:
The foulest game I personally played was True Crime: New York City. I'm certain literally half the dialogue lines in the game contain at least an instance of the word 'fuck'.
Maybe. I mostly remember glitches and bugs up the ass. Maybe the people at the record place can't get far enough in the game to see how many fucks there actually are.
Also, I can't help but be reminded of Lewis Black's Red White and Screwed show where he was talking about how one place would let him perform there, but he couldn't say where he was or show the front of the building because he said 42 fucks in his last HBO special. Fun rant that was.

The Rascal King said:
They've obviously never played Kane and Lynch.
Can you blame them? :p

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Oh, the game! For a second I thought they were talking about the movie, in which case I was going to issue a Harlem Nights smackdown. It's been years but all I remember about that film is that I went into it expecting a masterwork from three generations of great comedians and left thinking if I wanted to watch a bunch of people swearing for 2 hours I could just throw rocks at homeless guys.

Sep 14, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
vansau said:
Well, if you think about it, House of the Dead overkill was limited to it's linear campaign to dish out foul language so there is little wiggle room, while Scarface was an open sandbox with tons of little character interactions to put swears in.
this. if hosue of the dead overkill (bless that game) was a more open experience, dear god...the amount of motherfuck's i would have heard...

i must has if that game ever comes out.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Well that's impressive. I remember playing this game... I thought it was a pretty good game for a movie license. I really enjoyed it for what it was. Also, it had a killer soundtrack.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Was I the only one who liked the game? I mean, yeah, it got old after awhile and I never actually came back to finish it. But it entertained me a lot and it was great for us fans of the film as an interesting "what if".

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
This story reminds me of this:

<youtube=gU2ZgaQ_H-Y>

(Audio clearly NSFW. Wear headphones.)

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
The Rascal King said:
A few hours of linear shooting with two people verses hours upon hours of sandbox with plenty of characters and random NPCs...

...which one most likely has more?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Stabby Joe said:
The Rascal King said:
A few hours of linear shooting with two people verses hours upon hours of sandbox with plenty of characters and random NPCs...

The answer is still Kane and Lynch. We also have to look at this in a swears per hour context. The density of swears in Kane and Lynch compared to other games is what matter is like between a nuetron star and everything else. Any random 5 seconds of kane and lynch play is 99.9999% likely to contain a grandmother's blush worth of bad-language. Any 60 seconds will enduce fainting from bible ladies and angry letter-writing from moderate mothers. An hour's worth subjected upon any human mind and they'll likely start posting on the escapist boards.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Ghengis John said:
Stabby Joe said:
The Rascal King said:

The answer is still Kane and Lynch. We also have to look at this in a swears per hour context. The density of swears in Kane and Lynch compared to other games is what matter is like between a nuetron star and everything else. Any random 5 seconds of kane and lynch play is 99.9999% likely to contain a grandmother's blush worth of bad-language. Any 60 seconds will enduce fainting from bible ladies and angry letter-writing from moderate mothers. An hour's worth subjected upon any human mind and they'll likely start posting on the escapist boards.
Again I doubt it is... but we'd have to officially count to be sure.