Scarriest Movie You Have Ever Seen

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Social Pariah said:
Well... not scary as such... but the movie "Mars Attacks" freaked the crap out of me at the age of 9/10, nightmares and all-sorts, scarring my fragile mind.
Holy crap, me too! I must've been only 5 or 6 when I saw it, or at least half of it, before turning it off. Those skeletizing (real word?) ray-guns gave me nightmares for weeks, and every night I would pinch my dad's arm to make sure he wasn't a martian in disguise.

Social Pariah

Nov 23, 2007
sgtshock said:
Social Pariah said:
Well... not scary as such... but the movie "Mars Attacks" freaked the crap out of me at the age of 9/10, nightmares and all-sorts, scarring my fragile mind.
Holy crap, me too! I must've been only 5 or 6 when I saw it, or at least half of it, before turning it off. Those skeletizing (real word?) ray-guns gave me nightmares for weeks, and every night I would pinch my dad's arm to make sure he wasn't a martian in disguise.
Indeed, all the burning of flesh and skeletons, as well as the cross dressing alien, with biting off of fingers and things... the Aliens themselves were pretty scaring looking and sounding, mentally damaging would my description of the film. Looking back though, I'm surprised it scarred me so much.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
ThePoodonkis said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Well, I guess, in Saw there were lot's of scars, almost everybody has some in that movie.
The part in the second Saw with the pit of syringes. Had to look away for that one.

Scariest movie? I saw Stephen King's IT when I was like 8, and it scared the mess out of me.
Now, though, it's one of my favorite movies, still gives a slight fright, though.
xTitanium Wolfx said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Well, I guess, Saw there were lot's of scars, almost everybody has some in that movie.
Yea it gets me queasy when I see like guts and gore. Maybe cause I felt really sick when I snapped my arm in half and saw my bone and blood so I guess I could relate
Neither of you got my play on words on the mispelt title, did you?

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
Spartan Bannana said:
ThePoodonkis said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Well, I guess, in Saw there were lot's of scars, almost everybody has some in that movie.
The part in the second Saw with the pit of syringes. Had to look away for that one.

Scariest movie? I saw Stephen King's IT when I was like 8, and it scared the mess out of me.
Now, though, it's one of my favorite movies, still gives a slight fright, though.
xTitanium Wolfx said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Well, I guess, Saw there were lot's of scars, almost everybody has some in that movie.
Yea it gets me queasy when I see like guts and gore. Maybe cause I felt really sick when I snapped my arm in half and saw my bone and blood so I guess I could relate
Neither of you got my play on words on the mispelt title, did you?
Lots of Scars ans Scarriest movie. I got it.
I would imagine the syringe pit would scar someone.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
I've not seen all that many scary films. The thing that freaked me out more than anything else I have ever watched was probably that Dr Who episode, "Blink", with the Weeping Angels.

I swear, I lay awake for two hours that night with the light on, staring at the door. And this was only like, last year or the year before. And I'm (very almost) 20 years old. I've even had recurring nightmares about it. o_O

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
Symp4thy said:
I love scary movies, although most don't really scare me. Pet Sematary (yes, that's spelled correctly) however, does, I'm not sure why.
Oh god, seconded. I just remembered how scared I was of that movie when I was a kid when you mentioned it. Also Tale of Two Sisters and, I hate to admit it but, The Grudge had my hair standing on end when I saw them.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
carnkhan4 said:
Bigfootmech said:
Anime: Higurashi no naku koro ni. Apart from anime, movies just don't look realistic enough :/.
Huh? are you seriously saying anime looks more real than using real-life people and objects...?
I think he means that it's easier to suspend disbelief in a anime than in a Live Action Movie. Allowing the anime to be scarier.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
The Exorcist. Such a great atmosphere and it has one of the best lines in history.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
V-Otix said:
Rascarin said:
I've not seen all that many scary films. The thing that freaked me out more than anything else I have ever watched was probably that Dr Who episode, "Blink", with the Weeping Angels.

I swear, I lay awake for two hours that night with the light on, staring at the door. And this was only like, last year or the year before. And I'm (very almost) 20 years old. I've even had recurring nightmares about it. o_O
Getting scared over a kid's show? Pathetic.
Yeah, fuck you too. At least I don't spend hours trolling forums where I've already been suspended and using ridiculous playground-grade insults like "dipshit". Grow up.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
carnkhan4 said:
Bigfootmech said:
Anime: Higurashi no naku koro ni. Apart from anime, movies just don't look realistic enough :/.
Huh? are you seriously saying anime looks more real than using real-life people and objects...?
to me D:. hehe kidding. In anime a lot less things are 'taboo', you don't have to get badly made dolls for anything, and you can actually get peoples limbs and heads flying off. Not only that they usually set a better atmosphere since the people making it know what they're doing rather than all trying to rip off the Texas chainsaw massacre, a shock factor (which no longer works at all on the British public after all those damn adverts), and people's gullibility. That's what I meant. Feel free to comment further :D.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Blue Velvet.

Because of 'that' scene. Because I didn't know where it was heading.
Because it was my choice of movie... and because I was watching it with my mother.