Scary Games Don't Add Up To Nightmares

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
Malygris said:
I also had some serious issues with Big Bird.
It took me a while to realise you were talking about the Sesame Street character and not some WW2 Spitfire pilot. I was really confused.
The first thing i associated that name with is the helicopter in cod4 at the end of One Shot One Kill, which tends to make me more angry then scared.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
I love scary things, heck I make up scary stories with friends during halloween.

Theres a difference between "Scary" and "Scaring" now when I watch something like Resident Evil or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic I'm not scared. Games where theres massive amounts of gore like Age of Conan, Gears of War, etc. that may be scarring to people.

I've seen things that are truly scary, I work with my local Paranormal Investigative group called CAPS (not to be confused TAPS) I've seen strange black masses and unexplained lights. I've heard EVPs that chill me to the bone, I've seen object hurled about. Nothing in any game remotely compares to that, sorry. Some people are more impressionable than other is my call. Good topic though.

kingofwolves

Mar 16, 2008
Mr.Pandah said:
Its not the nightmares(as infrequent as they are) that really scare me, its just my imagination before i go to sleep. Thats what really scares the shit out of me.
Same here. I saw the first ten minutes of the ring when I was 8, and even now, when I'm on my computer or playing games in the dark, I always just feel compelled to look over my shoulder, I can't go into dark rooms unless someones with me or I have my pocket knife with me, but I've never had any nightmares about it. I have nightmares about Saw instead, something I've never seen before, but a while back, on FOX, they were going to play it later, so instead of ads, they just took random Jigsaw TV shots from the movies and played them. THAT scared the piss out of me, instead of showing it during a normal commercial break, it was shown randomly during shows, with static and everything. It was creepy as shit.

jdguy

Jul 28, 2008
I have never actually had a nightmare by doing something scary. I end up having nightmares at the weirdest times... like after I did well on a test, or before something I know good will come (like chrismas). So I sorta always knew that scary things don't mean scary dreams.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
I never have nightmares from games, I might dream of zombies but I'm always blowing their head's off so it's not really scary.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
I tend to stay away from horror since I get scared easy... real easy. Doesn't help though.