SCEA: PS3 Slim Boosts Hardware Sales 300%

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Excellent news to see.

Though I can expect some whiners to comment here saying "lol it's just a fluke, sony stull sux!!111!!1eleven"

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Snotnarok said:
I'd like the slim just for the simple fact it has buttons, the current PS3 pisses me off, I'll hit the "metal off touch sensitive device" and it'll beep at me and not shut down, so I gotta wait, and wait, then I try again and it just crashes, brilliant.

Though I'll be keeping mine since this is when Sony supported backwards compatibility, so I can remote play PSone games from anywhere with wireless.
It beeps because it's trying to properly close whatever application, game, movie, OS stuff etc... you're currently in or is running. Just hit the button and let the machine shutdown
IT doesn't just shut down, it beeps and doesn't shut off, so it's just annoying, with a button it'd be safe!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Snotnarok said:
Mornelithe said:
Snotnarok said:
I'd like the slim just for the simple fact it has buttons, the current PS3 pisses me off, I'll hit the "metal off touch sensitive device" and it'll beep at me and not shut down, so I gotta wait, and wait, then I try again and it just crashes, brilliant.

Though I'll be keeping mine since this is when Sony supported backwards compatibility, so I can remote play PSone games from anywhere with wireless.
It beeps because it's trying to properly close whatever application, game, movie, OS stuff etc... you're currently in or is running. Just hit the button and let the machine shutdown
IT doesn't just shut down, it beeps and doesn't shut off, so it's just annoying, with a button it'd be safe!
Strange, mine does that sometimes when I try to power my PS3 off in-game, or a movie etc... I'd post on the Sony forums to see if anyone else has had the same issue, and if anyone can offer any fixes. Personally, I like the touch sensitive button. But, I can understand the desire for tactile response.
It's far from a big issue, but sometimes ya gotta go and you hit the button and the PS3 says "No" so you have to wait for it to figure out how to turn off haha.

The slim looks better designed by far but the lack of backwards compatibility keeps me away.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
bjj hero said:
People are sheep. Shine a turd and people will "ooh and ahh" then buy it. Even though last week they didn't want it.

Advert says buy...
Go back to bridge troll...

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
bjj hero said:
People are sheep. Shine a turd and people will "ooh and ahh" then buy it. Even though last week they didn't want it.

Advert says buy...
Yeah, but now it's cheaper. People aren't sheep, people just like things when they cost less. PS3's are cool - they're even cooler when you cut the price. What more can I say, it's not rocket science.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
axia777 said:
bjj hero said:

Advert says buy...
My point is I don't get the whole "slim" thing. It doesn't add to gaming. I felt just as apathetic when the ps2 slim came out and people were trading there old ps2 for a slim one. Theres nothing wrong with the PS3. I just dont see how a change of case makes it more desirable.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I'm considering to get the PS3 Slim now. 300% is quite a big increase however, well done Sony!

I like the new design and more so the new price....

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
bjj hero said:
axia777 said:
bjj hero said:

Advert says buy...
My point is I don't get the whole "slim" thing. It doesn't add to gaming. I felt just as apathetic when the ps2 slim came out and people were trading there old ps2 for a slim one. Theres nothing wrong with the PS3. I just dont see how a change of case makes it more desirable.
As stated in my previous post, it's less the new design and more the cut down prices that make slim machines more attractive.