Schilling Releases a Bunch of Copernicus Screenshots

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Gather said:
I've actually been to some of these places in KoA. #3 looks like that major city for the Gnomes and #5 appears to be the Alfar capitol city.

It's great and all to see these now but unless this is just a publicity stunt (That might go horribly wrong) it's a little annoying to get these screenshots of what could have been.
Maybe they just want people to see some of what they've done so it won't die completely faceless.

Blade_125

Sep 1, 2011
It's a shame, but still poor, poor planning on Curt's part. How successful are new IP MMO's? If he is such a fan of the style of game then he should have done his research.

I recently finshed KoA and enjoyed the game (took 80 hours to finish the story and majority of the side quests). It sold well over a million copies since Feb when it was release, which is a pretty good number for a relatively new company and a new game. But that still isn't enough time to build up the customer support an MMO needs. Instead of focusing on an MMO he should have looked aty maybe trimming his staff and developing a sequal, which would drum up more hype for the world and then maybe be able to finance an MMO. He can ***** all he wants but he didn't read the market well.

It is a shame though. Despite not wanting to play MMO's anymore (well aside from guild wars 2, but that is for the pvp)I might have given this one a try. There was just enough different from the staple fantasy genre to make it interesting enough.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
John Funk said:
Sigh, 38 Studios impolsion makes me very happy.

This happened because of their collective ego (example; thinking they were actually good enough to make it in the hardest market out there) and making one incredibly mediocore game (which sold better than it should I add). Since it has begun, they've pointed the finger at other people for why they have collapsed and keep talking about how great their work was (when it really isn't).

Few studios deserve to collapse more.

TsunamiWombat said:
Maybe I have no soul but this looks like pretty generic wowesque fantasy.
Kingdoms of Amalur was pretty much single player World of Warcraft in both it's aesthetics and gameplay. Nothing these guys do is original.