Schools begin banning teachers from using red ink

HotPocket

Jan 5, 2010
Rin Little said:
I wish I was kidding about this, but some schools in the U.K. have actually prohibited teachers from using red ink pens when correcting student assignments. They say the red ink is "demoralizing to students" and "making them do worse in school." Are you freaking kidding me?! Red ink makes sense to me because then you can actually see where the mistakes and markings are so you know where to fix mistakes! People need to stop being so freaking sensitive about everything. Coddling your kids all the way through school isn't going to do shit for them. If they're doing bad then they're doing bad and you're not helping them by making it easier for them to handle.

Here's the link if anyone wants to read the article to make sure I'm not bullshitting...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1101790/Teachers-banned-using-confrontational-red-ink-case-upsets-children.html
Black ink cited as cause of racial insensitivity.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
In journalism, you are quickly taught not to fear the ink.
Ironically however, my copy-editor uses a purple pen.

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
Wade Wilson said:
RemuValtrez said:
When I was in school, students were prohibited from using red on assignments, as that is what the teacher would use to show us when we were doing something wrong. It was something that would stand out from the black/blue/pencil lead on the paper. I did one assignment in red as I had no other pen/pencil and I got a 0 on it and was told to redo it.
If this was the case, why didn't your retard teacher just invert the color scheme for that one assignment and use black/blue/pencil for marking purposes, which, according to them, would stand out from red?

Were they really that fucking asinine?
Some teachers are unbelievable.
Yes that teacher was completely asinine. There is a funny end to this story though, we ended up getting her into a whole lot of trouble, and she ended up quitting, stating that our class (the year in general, not just the class I was in) made her think about quitting teaching all together. 1 point for my grade!

rs2000

Apr 16, 2009
What the hell next, Teachers aren't allowed to talk to thr pupils incase someone thinks there being talked down to! Get a grip people!