Schwarzenegger Drops Terminator, Governator Projects Indefinitely

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Schwarzenegger Drops Terminator, Governator Projects Indefinitely

Arnold Schwarzenegger has been forced to put his acting comeback on indefinite hold.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was set to make a comeback in multiple realms of media after his run at California governor ended, but alas, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The Governator's lecherous lifestyle has caused him to renege on the idea that he'd "be back" after all.

Schwarzenegger had planned to star in properties such as a new Governator [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109603-Schwarzenegger-Set-to-Return-in-New-Terminator-Film]. Unfortunately, a wrench was recently thrown in the works when it was revealed that he fathered a love child while married to current wife Maria Shriver. The two have separated over the scandal.

TMZ reports that all of the entities behind Governator have "chosen to not go forward." They wouldn't say if the series was entirely cancelled or not, but considering how the series follows the contrast between Schwarzengger's wholesome family life and his secret superhero life, it's now a tough sell.

Schwarzenegger's lawyer also released a statement related to his planned live-action projects. "At the request of Arnold Schwarzenegger, we asked Creative Artists Agency to inform all his motion picture projects currently underway or being negotiated to stop planning until further notice," it says. "Gov. Schwarzenegger is focusing on personal matters and is not willing to commit to any production schedules or timelines. This includes Cry Macho, the Terminator franchise and other projects under consideration. We will resume discussions when Gov. Schwarzenegger decides."

In one respect, this is probably a good thing, because that Governator series looked a little strange. On the other hand, I wouldn't have minded seeing an aged Schwarzenegger blast a few more liquid robots with a shotgun while reloading it with a twirl on the back of a motorcycle. You take the good with the bad, I guess.

Sources: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/19/arnold-schwarzenegger-governator-terminated-animated-stan-lee-comics-canceled-pos/]

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
while those sound cool, isn't he kinda old to be doing that sort of thing? though the comic book does sound kinda silly...

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
voorhees123 said:
What bullshit. Funny how people that cheat on there partners turn into family men fighting for there relationship when they are caught out? Him playing a terminator or whatever has no effect on his life, nor will it effect the movie. He has become the stereotypical terminator and him cheating on his wife wont stop that movie becoming a hit. Could alway make him a digital terminator like in the last movie. :)

What's even funnier was no one knew until he told his wife, if I was him I'd never tell (although if I was him I never would have cheated in the first place) I really wanted to see Arnie make a come back! Now I never will! booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lostlambda

May 19, 2011
i some how think the world is a better place for not having seen his comic or another terminator movie with him in it

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
I don't see how the whole "Governator" thing would have been successful, seeing how he isolated himself from the target audience. You know with that whole SUpreme Court thing and all.

countrysteaksauce

Jul 10, 2008
NOOOOOOOOO. I was looking forward to those. Come on Arnie, just think of all the child support money you could get with these new projects.

Apr 28, 2008
TMZ a source? The only thing I trust them to do is embellish the shit out of the truth.
Hollywood Reporter's better, but not by much. So I'll take this story with a hardy dose of skepticism.

Still, if true in some way, I hope it doesn't blow up like the Tiger Woods thing. Mainly because it was really annoying to see it everywhere all the time.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
voorhees123 said:
What bullshit. Funny how people that cheat on there partners turn into family men fighting for there relationship when they are caught out? Him playing a terminator or whatever has no effect on his life, nor will it effect the movie. He has become the stereotypical terminator and him cheating on his wife wont stop that movie becoming a hit. Could alway make him a digital terminator like in the last movie. :)
It's more that his face will be less marketable at the moment. I know it sounds stupid, but I know a LOT of people that wouldn't go to see a movie of his because of what he did.
HankMan said:
Looks like the Governator's return to acting has suffered a Total Recall

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I bear no ill toward him but I'm glad that his cartoon is not going to be made. Seriously everything about that cartoon look terrible from the promo trailer.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
voorhees123 said:
forgive me but Im going to be "That Guy" for a minute.
that wasnt a digital arnold in the movie, that was a digital guy who looked like arnold.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
This is ridiculous. Come on, what male celebrity hasn't fathered an illegitimate love child? Who really cares? Do they really think people aren't going to go see a new Arnold Terminator because of this?
I don't see why this personal situation should affect his acting career at all.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
beema said:
This is ridiculous. Come on, what male celebrity hasn't fathered an illegitimate love child? Who really cares? Do they really think people aren't going to go see a new Arnold Terminator because of this?
I don't see why this personal situation should affect his acting career at all.
I don't think it's just his personal life that people are getting sick, and I speak only from the viewpoint of a Californian. People here are just pissed at his behavior as a governor, and this just kinda seems like that straw that broke the camel's back. To be frank, I'm amazed anyone here would even consider seeing anything with Arnold in it.

Either way, I hate the guy now, and now I feel dirty every time I watch T2. Thanks a lot, Arnold, you asshole.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
fozzy360 said:
I don't think it's just his personal life that people are getting sick, and I speak only from the viewpoint of a Californian. People here are just pissed at his behavior as a governor, and this just kinda seems like that straw that broke the camel's back. To be frank, I'm amazed anyone here would even consider seeing anything with Arnold in it.

Either way, I hate the guy now, and now I feel dirty every time I watch T2. Thanks a lot, Arnold, you asshole.
Hmm
well I've never really paid attention to his politics, but I can understand how something like that would put you off

I probably wouldn't go see another Arnold movie except for as a drunken joke, but that's just because I don't like crappy movies (unlike the other 90% of people in this country apparently).

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
Quiet Stranger said:
voorhees123 said:

What's even funnier was no one knew until he told his wife, if I was him I'd never tell (although if I was him I never would have cheated in the first place) I really wanted to see Arnie make a come back! Now I never will! booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
He really didn't have a choice in the matter. He'd been cheating on his wife with a housekeeper for 14 years, and had a love child with her (currently 10 years old). Arnold spent a lot of many on these "family friends" to keep things smooth. Recently, when his wife got suspicious of the housekeeper, Arnie fired her, and she threatened to go public. Arnie decided to put everything out in the open at that point.

Arnie wasn't coming clean because of a guilty conscious - he was backed into a corner by over a decade of lies and cover ups. I doubt that he'd currently do very well with any sort of project in which he was involved, especially in the more conservative demograph.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
voorhees123 said:
...Him playing a terminator or whatever has no effect on his life, nor will it effect the movie... Him cheating on his wife wont stop that movie becoming a hit.
beema said:
Do they really think people aren't going to go see a new Arnold Terminator because of this? I don't see why this personal situation should affect his acting career at all.
I think it is important to point out that only the comic is backing out from Arnold (mostly because the premise was based on "strong family man"). On all the other projects: Arnold is backing out on them.

I think that is a key point here; the studios aren't shunning him due to his image problems. He is backing out because he has personal issues to deal with. I think sometimes we forget that celebrities are human too. He screwed up, he admitted it, and now he's taking the time to deal with it. Sure, he's not a saint, he screwed up in the first place and kept it a secret for so long, but at least he's manning up to it.

If I was in his situation, and I had a career that demanding; I would scale back on work to deal with the problem too.