Sci-Fi Culture RP Interest/Signup Thread

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
I have been wanting to something like this for a long while and have tried to in the past, time to give it one last shot.

This is going to be a character driven RP set in the universe of the culture. For those who have not read the books the culture is a fictional universe written about by Iain Banks and is very ultra-tech sci-fi.

Links to the wikipedia pages can be found here and here

You may want to have a bit of a read if you are coming here knowledge free of the universe. The general gist is an ultra-advanced machine ruled yet human populated society with no laws or poverty.

Otherwise the normal RP rule's apply, feel free to ask as many questions as you like and happy hunting.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
You would probably have better luck on a science fiction board, like Spacebattles or Stardestroyer.net. People there are much more likely to be familiar with Iain M. Banks and will probably jump right in with minimal explanation. The Culture is worlds different from the kinds of "space adventure" games people usually play, and if they aren't familiar with the source material they may not have any idea what they should be doing.

There's an Eclipse Phase game going now, which isn't ultratech but has many similarities with the Culture. You may want to check it out. I think it would be a better campaign setting because individual persons can make a difference there.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
I know I know, I tried spacebattles, nice to know that reposting this thread is like the asclepion bat-signal.