PayJ567 said:
Tinneh said:
PayJ567 said:
Lauren Admire said:
PayJ567 said:
Nice two know that:

One step at a time science is proving all of Christianity is bullshit

The master all cure is flawed

Music helps... Hehe not that I need help.

America is fucked because of Britain... AWESOME!

Also Lauren Admire I love your new avatar. Got a good laugh.
I have never been able to infect Madagascar.
Me neither... If anything goes wrong... ever it's where I'm going. One kid I know said he infected Madagascar but we all know he is lying. It's impossible to infect that place.
That was me, and I'm not a child. But then again I started out there by luck.
You double posted that to try and over compensate for your LIES!!!!
I'm not a liar, you're a liar!

I'm drunk, you don't have an excuse!
Thankfully I already don't remember this.
I forgot what we were arguing about.

Oh well, I guess this means it's a...

[HEADING=1]STALEMATE: We're both losers![/HEADING]

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
ColdStorage said:
BehattedWanderer said:
So...the God Particle is actually several God Particles? So...it's polytheistic? Man, that's incredibly humorous. And go Antoine, getting all those phone numbers!
Oh fuck I totally missed that!, well done man, you are the more observant person here.

I salute you.
*Tips hat*

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
OOH Here we go.... I like to believe that god doesnt exist, its my favourite type god... no god. . Its just a particle guys yes. Everyone believes in something, no one can say why we are here anyway. there are many ways, concepts, to describe what god is , or is not, or even if he exists at all. I like to ask people what type of god are they thinking when they say, i dont believe. Are they thinking of the biblical god? you know the funny one that burns bushes. are they speaking about an platonic idea of god, a source of everything, like deism or whatever. i mean iam sorry if iam offending anyone and iam no expert in religion but i have read about most of them from lao tze to jesus and in the end its just people searching for truth.. name the particle " the kirby particle". who cares.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Ahhh, and interesting read this week in 'Science!'.
I thought the thing about the stem cells was pretty horrific.
But it's also good to know that random scientific research still continues to suck up funding by researching human behavour (ah, so music is the key, hmmm...) in all it's fine details.
As for the Higgs Bosons... well... I'd say I trust Stephen Hawkings on this one, he says that colisions that will happen in the LHC happen in our atmosphere everyday (technically) and we're fine, but it would be fun if they didn't find what they're looking for. Things are always more intersting when that happens.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
The God particle is just called that because it's a Big Deal and it's so mysterious and all. IIRC it's just one guy who came up with the name and wrote a book about it and then the media picked it up... We all know how the media is with interesting-sounding names. It's got nothing to do with Christianity or atheism or anything like that and many scientists think it's a stupid name either way.
More on-topic: Every new discovery brings us one step closer to the truth. We're not there yet (and when we are, we'll just find a new mystery anyway), but the journey is more important than the destination, right?

The stem-cell thing? Eh, from the article it sounds less like an inherent risk of the treatment and more like some Thai doctor screwing things up. Color me unsurprised. Eh, people thinking it's some kind of miracle cure are every bit as retarded as people thinking it's a crime against nature/God/whatever.

Romantic music makes people more romantic? Who'da thunk it?

Oil spill... Eh. I've lost the will to give a damn. Let them suffocate in their oil for all I care.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Jaredin said:
Im so scared for the god particle...ebcause, if it opens a black hole I actually win a bet! But...its actually a bet I want to lose >< I just hope they dont let all that Italian cheese go to there heads!
The LHC is in Switzerland, not Italy. And if they prove the particles existance then they will have only confirmed something that has existed since the Universe began.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
The first two articles just remind me that no matter how much science we do there's still a lot left to learn. 'Oh hey, if this particle exists our equations are right... but it doesn't so there must be at least five'. 'Oh hey look, a procedure we know and have extensive catalogue has killed someone through means we cannot explain.'

I wonder the effect of video game soundtracks on unsuspecting females. Maybe it'd just make them more likely to jump on my head. Singing to them certainly has that effect for me.

ColdStorage said:
You do know that Peter Higgs the person who theorized the Higgs Boson is an Atheist?, he doesn't like it being called "God Particle", just throwing that out there.
Someone should tell him it's short for Godhead Pickle Inspector Particle [http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001680].

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
So... That dude then went on to turn down all the women?

Jaredin said:
Im so scared for the god particle...ebcause, if it opens a black hole I actually win a bet! But...its actually a bet I want to lose >< I just hope they dont let all that Italian cheese go to there heads!
Don't worry. If the create a black hole, it'll be so small and unstable it'll disappear before we realise it's there (And it'd also be awesome, because we'd have discovered how to completely convert mass into energy)
Even if the black hole did gain stability, it'd just drop to the middle of the earth and not gain enough mass to destroy it for at least 100,000 years. So you wouldn't ever know, though your great great... great great grandchildren will be PISSED.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
My goodness, this is fascinating news. I'm very interested in particle physics, and will be pleased to see how it all works out.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Oil companies in my country are now being inquired about the safety of their procedures.

They are pissed. Too bad. I don't want that here.

wtrmute

Jan 21, 2010
I've never heard of groups against stem-cell research -- embryonic stem-cell research, yes, but there's an important difference there. And from the article, those stem cells weren't embryonic anyway.

Anyway, five Higgs Bosons? Whatever they say, but frankly I'm skeptical of any Higgs Bosons at all. They've been promising us that they're within the next MeV for twenty years, now, and the mass just keeps climbing just out of the reach of the most powerful accelerators. I wonder if there won't be an energy level where they'll have to say, ok, so it looks like this particle doesn't exist, after all. Aren't there any other mechanisms to explain the matter imbalance?

Also, please stop with the potshots against religion: this is neither the time nor the place for it.

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
Fwee, I've BEEN to Fermilab and got to see part of the accelerator! I have a t-shirt from there as well.

I wish I wasn't so horrible at math so I could have more than an overall big picture and pure theory interest in physics.