Science!: Murderous Robots and Pea Aphids

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
As for the oil spillage, I'm not surprised that probably some lazy a-hole just went with the old standard instead of suggesting they try something that might work better. That seems plausible and reminds me of my dad.

It's great to know that they are getting more achieved on the genome projects and putting more things to rest in terms of scientific understanding. Now that science knows that pea aphids can do that, can we replicate that action?

Stabby robots?! I thought it was strange that it was at the end of the video they showed some spinach-chinned weirdo sticking his arm out was the shortest part of the video. You didn't even get to see if Stab-bot left a mark. But at least I'm glad the hit detection on the robot was better than the hit detection on the old NES! Still, I don't know if their reasoning was so good about the "robot uprising". Even in Terminator, the robots and cyborgs didn't waste a lot of time with knives, scissors, or scalpels (where in the world would a robot get a scalpel anyway?). But of course, those were military robots. I guess as long as the hit detection exists in robots at the Ginsu factory, we're safe... for now.

I don't know that I've found washing my hands works so much at relieving doubt. Case in point: people with OCD. Until science can explain that one and why some of them repeatedly wash their hands, I'm going to say the jury is still out on that one. Thirteen years ago I caught mono in my senior year of high school, and find myself washing my hands frequently throughout the day, but I never feel as though it helps to relieve any doubt about infections or bad decisions to touch anything. It is a little reassuring to take care of the germs, but doesn't do much to help my feelings of doubt. Then again, no one ever said I was right in the head to start with.

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
Markness said:
That last article was really interesting
Stuff like that is why a robot uprising will never happen. The closest thing they'll come to in that effect is a segfault.
Hmm, by last one, I meant 4th article about phycology of hand washing, rather than 3rd article, robot pressure detectors. Yes, that's right, I find phycology more interesting than robot takeover prevention.

Cpt. Red

Jul 24, 2008
Evil the White said:
I sure would not have liked to have been the guy to put his arm under the knife. Regardless of what they had just shown me.
Indeed. Well maybe after a doing it a couple of times, starting with a slow speed and then increasing it little by little...

Also that Seed Cathedral looked frekkin awesome.