Science!: Panda Feces, Tequila and Cows

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
MajoraPersona said:
Maybe the bacteria is part of why a natural omnivore manages to survive a low fat-and-protein diet?
Sounds quite probable that that's one of the main culprits here.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
On the subject of fighting with beer bottles:

One of the things to watch out for is how a person breaks a beer bottle. If they hold it by the neck and rap it against a hard surface, then it's best to call an ambulance.

Because said attacker will not be aware that most beer bottle glass shatters along the stem of the bottle rather than to sheer the glass off a the point of impact.

What your attacker will be left with, rather than a nasty melee weapon, is a handful of razor sharp glass shards, and an artery that's emptying his body of that helpful red stuff.
Isn't it also due to the angle of the bottle when you strike it against a surface? If you bang it where the bottle is level, you'll end up described above, but rap it at about an angle pulling down with it, and you'll have yourself the nice half of a broken bottle, waving the pointy bits at whomever.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
KazNecro said:
Yeah, but it'll probably be just as difficult for a man to take off during a makeout session. :)
Actually, I'm curious as to the practicality of such a garment. Unless the woman is given fair warning of a gas attack ahead of time; by the time she strips down, removes the bra, and convert it to a gas mask, it'll be way too late. The only way it would work efficiently is if the cups are detachable.
Never underestimate the ability of a woman to get out of her bra quickly, and without taking everything else off. Though I have a feeling you know of this, and was just hoping for more during an emergency. :)
lord pickle said:
Sweet zombie jesus. I had no idea there was a spoof Nobel prize. Actually some of these ideas are better than the ones that give people "real" Nobels. That idea about using a bra as a couple of gas masks is a wicked cool idea.

A couple of things come to mind:

1. Did the beer bottle guys figure out or know how much energy a person delivers when you swing a bottle at someone's skull?
2. How quickly do normal bacteria that break down garbage compare to these five types of bacteria in Panda poop?
3. The extra curved spine would have to allow for walking as well as not falling over. Otherwise we wouldn't be here because every human would have been eaten during the nine months that every mother would have to remain in one place.
This sounds like a job for Mythbusters! In fact when I was reading that page I was expecting to see the names Jaime Hyneman and/or Adam Savage. In fact I am almost certain these guys did cover something much like this...may have to do some research!

Feb 13, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Isn't it also due to the angle of the bottle when you strike it against a surface? If you bang it where the bottle is level, you'll end up described above, but rap it at about an angle pulling down with it, and you'll have yourself the nice half of a broken bottle, waving the pointy bits at whomever.
AFAIK, it happens with all modern glass bottles as they are designed that way. It's the same with drinks cans and aerosols as they found that cans of Guinness or cans of shaving foam exploded due to the metal being at a constant stress/tension, so they added the sealant strip which allows it to collapse at that point if the pressure reaches too much. Unfortunately, with glass they can't easily add that property, so a sharp tap will cause the glass to fracture the stem instead of the point of impact. It's only with glass bottles that have the indentation in the end, like champagne bottles, where the bottom will fall away from the top, because the shatter impact is strengthened against. If I find the topic, I'll pass on the link.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
If I find the topic, I'll pass on the link.
Please do. I'd use it to share the knowledge--I've got friends dedicated to the thought that they won't end up with a handful of glass if they smash it at a good angle, and it would help set them straight.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
KazNecro said:
Yeah, but it'll probably be just as difficult for a man to take off during a makeout session. :)
Actually, I'm curious as to the practicality of such a garment. Unless the woman is given fair warning of a gas attack ahead of time; by the time she strips down, removes the bra, and convert it to a gas mask, it'll be way too late. The only way it would work efficiently is if the cups are detachable.
Never underestimate the ability of a woman to get out of her bra quickly, and without taking everything else off. Though I have a feeling you know of this, and was just hoping for more during an emergency. :)
*Rolls eyes* Oh yes... you caught me. In an emergency situation, I'm ALWAYS looking for one last look at a great pair of knockers as I suffocate.

Ummm... actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be against having that as the last thing I see in life. I guess the lesson here is to never underestimate the ability of a man to dream the impossible dream. *laughs*

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
KazNecro said:
samsonguy920 said:
KazNecro said:
*Rolls eyes* Oh yes... you caught me. In an emergency situation, I'm ALWAYS looking for one last look at a great pair of knockers as I suffocate.

Ummm... actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be against having that as the last thing I see in life. I guess the lesson here is to never underestimate the ability of a man to dream the impossible dream. *laughs*
Word