Scientists Discover Link Between Intelligence, Good Health

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
A recent study surveyed nearly 4,000 Vietnam veterans and discovered that those with lower IQs are more likely to suffer from a wealth of physical health problems
Isn't this due to stupid people not dodging AK-47 rounds so well?

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
And statistics can be interpreted to prove any point you'd like. 74% of all people know that.
Of course, 57% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
TsunamiWombat said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
And statistics can be interpreted to prove any point you'd like. 74% of all people know that.
82% of all people know that dog in the original post is adorable.
The other 18% are wondering why it's wearing glasses, and forgot why they clicked on the article.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
12% of people also know that if you want, you can get research to support anything.

vivadelkitty

Dec 21, 2008
Intelligence does nothing to help you with your Will saves. What good are all those smarts when the illithid come for you, hm?

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
I thought it was more like forfty percent.
/obscure Simpsons reference.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
A recent study surveyed nearly 4,000 Vietnam veterans
Not exactly the best group of people to conduct nuetral studies on. Especially since they were exposed to all sorts of chemicals there.

It's a void study simply because of that.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
wait... so does that mean the inhabitants of xbox live will die out in a few years?......here's hoping :)

GodotIsWaiting4U

Jun 9, 2009
The study was conducted on only 4,000 Vietnam veterans. This means almost nothing. 4,000 Vietnam veterans is NOT a representative sample of the general population. Statistics don't lie; statisticians do.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Your statistic is wrong. My study showed 83% of people knew that.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
tendo82 said:
What about blazes of glory? Like if I die at age 40 catching some bullets in the chest for the rookie detective I was recently assigned to who has a wife and kids to take care of and I've got nothing to lose, does that mean I have a low IQ? In other words, does being a badass mean you have a low IQ?
The real test is whether you're smart enough to quicksave.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Physical health? Maybe. Mental health? No. Ever noticed how most of the great geniuses in human history had really shitty times or even went insane?

Now finally time to use my favourite quote from the Bible.
Ecclesiastes said:
He who delivers knowledge bringeth sorrow.
Or to put that in a more modern context.
Lisa Simpson said:
As intelligence goes up, happiness goes down.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
So, people who know how to live longer can live longer?

Also, Vietnam veterans? The ones who went crazy, suffered breakdowns, or, in rare cases, got on with their lives (if television is to be believed)? THEY have less physical problems if they're still able to solve math problems, i.e. not completely insane?

Hmmm, I think they should look into this more.