Scorned Girlfriend Deletes WoW characters

Mister Manana

Jun 15, 2010
Amnestic said:
Didn't read the article, but assuming the guy's even remotely intelligent, the events will go:

Girlfriend deletes WoW characters.
Boyfriend messages GM to have them restored.
Boyfriend waits minutes/hours/day at most.
Boyfriend continues playing WoW.

It's ridiculously easy to restore deleted characters.
Each WoW account only gets a certain, unspecified number of character restores, so if he had already used all of his, he would be out of luck. The GMs could make an exception, I suppose, but that's unlikely.

But back to the topic. As states before, there are a lot of issues on both sides of this.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Most people wouldn't go that far to help others. More people should throw away their significant others' drugs.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Wow. What a *****. I know how easy it is to get them back, but there are some major issues in the relationship there. For what it's worth, I read some of the comments on Fark and came across this utter gem;

"FTFY. Women have their obsessions too. Go ahead, destroy their shoes and their crafting projects, then post their reaction on Youtube. You'll never see that lady naked again."

I laughed quite hard :p

AnotherFineMess

Jan 12, 2009
That was ridiculous.
If my significant other deleted my characters in any game on purpose, I would dump her arse on the next minute. Not because of the characters themselves, but because it was just an complete lack of maturity, and a total lack of trust.

I can understand the reasons why she did it, but if the guy only gives attention to the game and not to her, it would be saner to leave him with his game and go search for someone else.

But what the hell... people aren't sane.

And of course the love... the love is always to blame. "I love you just the way you are but I want you to be so fuckin different!"

Sep 17, 2009
She probably just deleted a decade of his life right there, maybe he deserved it, but she could have just broken up with him and not have been petty about it.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
As a dedicated "WoW iz gay" activist, I must say.... What a *****.

Seriously.

I hope he dumps her.

Even me, a guy who hates what MMO's do to people, thinks that that was way to far.

Edit: Upon watching the video, after seeing the freakout, I just laughed and called him an idiot. Maybe he did deserve it.
Yup. Let's go with that.

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
This seems fake to me... just like that kid's freakout over his WoW getting cancelled. In fact WoW related 'freak out' videos are all over the internet.

She seemed to know how to navigate the GUI of the game pretty well for someone who apparently hates it (and I am assuming doesn't sit there watching him play it to seemingly get mad enough to want it gone from his life altogether).

If it WAS real however, very childish and those two clearly shouldn't be together.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
he plays alliance so that means I agree with the girl friend. Now if he played horde, I might have looked the other way for any domestic abuse charge...

jk jk! though really talking or just dumping him would have been a better option.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Amnestic said:
Didn't read the article, but assuming the guy's even remotely intelligent, the events will go:

Girlfriend deletes WoW characters.
Boyfriend messages GM to have them restored.
Boyfriend waits minutes/hours/day at most.
Boyfriend continues playing WoW.

It's ridiculously easy to restore deleted characters.
Beat me too it, he clearly doesn't understand how his own game works. I don't even play WoW anymore and I knew that. Though I think he was clearly angry due to the fact that he couldn't raid that night.

He should have just kept calm and just restored his characters. Though I had to laugh. I read underneath where it says "Guy goes mental." The first 2 minutes of his reaction I was like.. "Nuh uh!... Oh shit!"

I never understood the importance of raiding. I played AoC and had a maxed out Assassin. It took me atleast 3 months before I got my first tier 1. The slim chance of getting an item made raiding an optional thing for me. If I missed one? Oh well, chances are the guild was doing it five thousand more times anyway. *Shrug*

What confused me the worse was, ok, you're level 80, you use tier 1 armor to get tier 2, then tier 2 to get tier 3... Then what? You get full tier 3, what are you going to do with it? PvP? If you're like me and go to a pvp server from the very start, you're doing that through out the game... Not to mention back before WoW expansions came out, I was taking out level 60's when I was a level 40 priest. Though who knows, the game could have become more gear heavy since I played.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Fark.com?

Lets be honest people, Fark isn't exactly known for "journalistic integrity". More often then not, they help spread this video/urban legends. And I hate to say it, but I cry fake. I always do at these, mainly because they're just so...fakey? I dunno maybe I'm just horribly cynical. I just assume things are fake until proven otherwise.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
He absolutely had it coming. I don't see why anyone would be stupid enough to neglect the person they supposedly loved just to play more WoW. Although really, if his characters are so important to him that he destroys his computer when he realizes they're missing, she should just dump him and find someone who doesn't get angry over something totally inconsequential. No matter how much time he may have wasted grinding, a couple of MMO characters are still completely worthless.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
I play wow and raid quite alot my gf doesnt like it too much but about 90% of women id say always hate on video games and cant understand why guys play them. Wow is very time consuming, but shouldnt neglact your wife. I think she on the other hand has issues if she thinks deleting his char will fix things shes sadly mistaken. She should have left him instead not video tape him in mockery, she just showed why hed prefer playing wow over spending time with mrs control freak...

Tzekelkan

Dec 27, 2009
Wow, amazing. Guy was jarateed off bad! What I loved most is that the awesome WoW music continued to play throughout the rampage (and if I'm not mistaken it actually got even a bit more intense).

Also, not the monitor's fault, dude. Should take it out on the tower, it's much closer to where the problem lies.

But really, if he doesn't respect you enough or stick with you enough, ditch the ************. Still, easier said than done in most cases.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Probably fake.

And also, that's why you keep you personal stuff, you know, personal.

Even if I ever marry, I sure as fucking hell am going to keep at least one private business account. I don't care about the whole "unity" crap. A relationship is an alliance of 2 separate entities, not some single-minded zerg spawn.

Frankly anyone who tries to control their "significant other" in a relationship by holding various objects or ideas hostage is a manipulating ***** regardless of the gender and should go fuck him/herself.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Zeldadudes said:
Fake, you can tell.
Do explain! I was curious myself at how the girl knew his password and knew enough of the game to go in and delete his items, only to delete the character anyway.

Billion Backs said:
A relationship is an alliance of 2 separate entities, not some single-minded zerg spawn.
All hail the great overmind!

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
HAHAHA!!! Give me a girl like that e-ve-ry day of the week my friends! Now, if that wasn't a clear message that she needes some attention, I don't know. She didn't even dump him because of his neglect. Just some good old makeup sex will do :p

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
I dont care if it's fake, I just think it was funny and awesome for the girl to do something like that.