Scream out the name of your favorite attack

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
So, one of the most common tropes in Shonen anime and manga is the whole "I'm going to scream out the name of my attack before I use it!" thing.

Dragonball Z does it:

Pokemon does it:

They even parody it in Despicable Me 2:

Starting at :42

Though there are always those moments where it doesn't go so well:

So my question to you is: What is your favorite instance of this? Attacks where, for some reason or another (I suspect brain damage), the user MUST announce the name of the attack before they can use it. My personal favorite is probably:

Baller. Oh, and if you're feeling sassy, make up your own attack for yourself, too. It's easy, just take two words, the first being a description, and the second being some kind of attack-sounding thing, and add them together. Like, Electric Knuckle, or Ultimate Blaster, or Golden Sword, or something like that.

I'll go with *takes in deep breath* Destiny Rescinder! I dunno, just made it up.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I gotta be "that guy" and say FUS ROH DAH! XD

...well actually I'm more fond of Fire breath, but whatever XD

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
First is Natsu's Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon's Fist

Then Zorro

Also with Pokemon it makes sense to call out the attack. The trainers are giving the pokemon orders. And the only way they can communicate is verbally. I also guess in anime and other things like that the character decalare the attacks to increase the drama and to make the audience know its not just some regular attack.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Whatever CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF THE EARTH shouts when he pulls an attack in Disgaea (I never fully understood).

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Pokemon is understandable because they are giving orders to the pokemon

Anyway, Ive always liked the idea of shouting, "Staraptor, use Brave Bird!"

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Behold! Super ultra mambo-tango-foxtrot martial arts!

Pretty much every other instance has been covered in this thread already.

vv85

May 25, 2013
My favorite villian ever
Onomatopoaeia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia_%28comics%29]
'Bang'

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
After watching a video of pranks in Dark Souls, I've come to the conclusion that if I were to ever physically or possibly even metaphorically stab someone in the back, I'd yell out in my best death metal voice "BACKSTABBUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

It seems to be a mostly Japanese thing, though. Sometimes they justify it kind of, like in Bleach, where knowing the name of your attack and calling it out makes it dramatically more powerful. But I'll always be partial to the good ol' KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Japanese version is better, 'cause they say it in Engrish: "GIIIIGAAAAAAAAAAAA...........DURIRUUUUUUH..........BUREAAAAAAAAKUUUH!!!!!!!"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Destroy Man from No More Heroes. He was such an easy boss due to his shout out attack like "Destory Punch!!", "Destroy Spark!!" and "Destroy Beam!!"

Also let not forget Alastor from Viewtiful Joe with his shout out "Round trip! Round Trip! Round Trip! Air Raid!!!" (Sorry but I can't find a clip of that boss battle without being a let play video".

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Has to be Kung Pow! Enter the Fist hands down (pun intended).

I get the feeling they were making fun of it like all the other tropes, and I'm ok with this.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
The first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh always contained my favourite one:
Exodia Obliterate!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Johnny Impact said:
Japanese version is better, 'cause they say it in Engrish: "GIIIIGAAAAAAAAAAAA...........DURIRUUUUUUH..........BUREAAAAAAAAKUUUH!!!!!!!"
Yep, that one gets a vote.

A major one for me was Vegeta's Final Flash:

That should have finished Cell, just saiyan...

Another one for me is Graham Aker's "Graham Special!". Mostly because I totally wasn't expecting him to do that. :)

dudagato

Jul 14, 2010
"ELECTRIC GUTBUSTER" man do i love the name of this attack, it just serves to make dunban from xenoblade even more awesome.

I Mean he already uses a big f####ng sword as a weapon as well as having a kicking attack named "electric gutbuster" that can break the defense of just about anything.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Sure Naruto can do sage mode and the wind rasen shuriken... but the leaf village's super secret technique beats both.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Kochamara, from Psychonauts: "Hard-To-Avoid Area Attack!!"

Yes, that's literally the name of the move. It might not be the coolest name for a move, but at least it's informative.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
How about having a whole fucking chant before shouting the name of your attack?

Can't wait for Ufotable to fix the anime adaption of this steaming pile.