Screamo. Wtf?

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Screamo applies to someone who has sung a song with screaming. It is the most awful thing in all the world. Seriously. Have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa6qpgLvH30
AWFUL

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Hubilub said:
What the hell are you on about?

Screamo is a genre. I don't understand your connection with that and death metal

Yeah, same thought here. Now, if he's listening to Screamo and pissed that its not actually death metal, thats not the genres fault, its yours.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
This is why all the subgenres of alternative music piss me off. In all honesty, who cares?
I thought Screamo was a genre, not a vocal technique. Death metal doesn't have anything to do with screamo, which I thought was just like regualr emo music but with screamed vocals.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Hubilub said:

Screamo is a genre. I don't understand your connection with that and death metal
People calling his favourite Death Metal band "Screamo", I guess.

It's happened to me before. Someone called Meshuggah screamo, I almost cut a *****.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I'm with everyone else. I'm not sure the connection between Screamo and Death Metal either. Probably because there obviously isn't one.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Daffy F said:
Screamo applies to someone who has sung a song with screaming. It is the most awful thing in all the world. Seriously. Have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa6qpgLvH30
AWFUL
You. Bastard. Why must you link to Brokencyde?

Mr Thomsos

Jun 17, 2009
Grunge4Ever said:
Who was the first prick to use that word? How does that word apply to death metal? They don't scream, they aren't emo, who made up that word? Screamo would apply more to Linkin Park or The Devil Wears Prada. TDWP by the way is not death metal because they have that one emo voice and they don't have brutally violent lyrics. So who made up the term Screamo?
The word does not apply to Linkin Park! Hell no. As for the origin, Wikipedia tells me that it started in San Diego, at some Che Cafe place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

Zombie Pie

Jul 7, 2009
Death metal and Screamo are two different things no one thinks devil wears prada is metal or who ever else you are on about. Also metal doesn't have to have "brutal" lyrics as you put it. It is defined by the quality of the music and the way they lyrics are said but I digress. Why do you care so much about the word screamo? Also why did you call the first person to use that word a prick? How does this feel "who is the prick who started this ridiculous thread?".... and consequently why am I posting on it......damn....

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Nigh Invulnerable said:
Daffy F said:
AWFUL
You. Bastard. Why must you link to Brokencyde?
You didn't have to click it. I HATE THEM

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
McNinja said:
TDWP by the way is not death metal. Its metalcore or something.
Deathcore actually, I think.

Hiphophippo said:
Shit, actually. It's shit.
They're actually very good.
Go listen to "Still Fly", then find me another band that can turn an awful rap song into something that good. If you can do that, I will value your opinion.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
McNinja said:

Hiphophippo said:
Go listen to "Still Fly", then find me another band that can turn an awful rap song into something that good. If you can do that, I will value your opinion.
amusing cover. terrible song.

Grunge4Ever

Jan 24, 2010
Jaranja said:
Hubilub said:

People calling his favourite Death Metal band "Screamo", I guess.

It's happened to me before. Someone called Meshuggah screamo, I almost cut a *****.
No, I don't listen to death metal bands except The Black Dahlia Murder. I just am sick of the word itself. Also it makes no sense. It would be like calling Green Day R&B.

Grunge4Ever

Jan 24, 2010
Gxas said:
Grunge4Ever said:
Who was the first prick to use that word? How does that word apply to death metal? They don't scream, they aren't emo, who made up that word? Screamo would apply more to Linkin Park or The Devil Wears Prada. TDWP by the way is not death metal because they have that one emo voice and they don't have brutally violent lyrics. So who made up the term Screamo?
You don't seem to understand the meaning of "emo".

Jimmy Eat World is emo.

TDWP is not. At all. Ever.
The only reason people say Jimmy Eat World is emo was because they had an album called Bleed American. The album cover is filled with trophies and bright colors.

Grunge4Ever

Jan 24, 2010
Hiphophippo said:
DuplicateValue said:
McNinja said:

Hiphophippo said:
Death Metal and TDWP are two different things. Death metal uses their vocals to add to the theme of their music and to mainly cover up their brutal lyrics. It's amusing how TDWP unintenionally parodies rap by covering up awful music. So yeah, amusing cover. Terrible song.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
DuplicateValue said:
McNinja said:

Hiphophippo said:
I think what you mean to say is that you don't like the song. That doesn't make it a bad song. There's nothing wrong with it musically, it just doesn't appeal to your tastes.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Grunge4Ever said:
Gxas said:
Grunge4Ever said:
You don't seem to understand the meaning of "emo".

Jimmy Eat World is emo.

TDWP is not. At all. Ever.
The only reason people say Jimmy Eat World is emo was because they had an album called Bleed American. The album cover is filled with trophies and bright colors.
Not even close. Jimmy Eat World was the band that brought emocore to mainstream. Like I said, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to "emo". It isn't cutting yourself or hating life, thats what pretentious pricks believe.

You'll never understand.

In_Love_In_Flames

Feb 19, 2010
Emo = Sunny Day Real Estate, Dashboard Confessional, The Get Up Kids, Bright Eyes

Screamo = Chiodos, Alesana, Senses Fail, Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Death Metal = Death, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Bloodbath

Any questions?