Scribblenauts Developer Teases Source Engine Game

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
After Scribblenauts it's going to take something mighty impressive to get me to care about this company again.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
The Source engine? Really? Couldn't they at least use an engine that isn't extremely dated. I don't mean to say that graphics are the only thing, but the Source engine is looking obsolete compared to many others.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Woodsey said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Whaaat?
The game's a fucking 2D side-scroller, I saw the trailer.
Am I missing something?
How can you have seen the trailer if nobody even knows what it is yet? xD
I followed the link to an Amazon page for a game called Super Scribblenauts, is that already released?

I haven't played any Scribblenauts games, so, I'm probably at a huge fault here o_O

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
Woodsey said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Whaaat?
Am I missing something?
I followed the link to an Amazon page for a game called Super Scribblenauts, is that already released?

I haven't played any Scribblenauts games, so, I'm probably at a huge fault here o_O
That's not it, although that's not released yet.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Woodsey said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Woodsey said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Whaaat?
Am I missing something?

Aaahhh.... wait, they're making two games at once?
Good luck with that...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
Woodsey said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Woodsey said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Whaaat?
Am I missing something?

Aaahhh.... wait, they're making two games at once?
Good luck with that...
Well I imagine they have more than one development team. Most studios work on more than one game at a time.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Schmittler said:
The Source engine? Really? Couldn't they at least use an engine that isn't extremely dated. I don't mean to say that graphics are the only thing, but the Source engine is looking obsolete compared to many others.
Hey, if there's one thing 5th Cell have proved themselves capable of, it's attractive and effective style; And looking at Portal, Team Fortress 2 and Zeno Clash, it's certainly proven that the Source Engine can do that as well, with much splendor.