Scribblenauts Draws A 1 Followed by 6 Zeros

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Even though the game had many flaws, it was still a lot of fun to play and there were plenty of challenging puzzles. It's always good to see that an original new IP made by a small developper manages to be this succesfull. It's also a good incentive for developpers to start exploring new gameplay ideas.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
I hope they listened to the complaints the game game. You have a 2D sidescroller, and a d-pad, and they resort to touch controls? WTF were they thinking?

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I found the game had a suitable amount of room for creativity if you felt inclined to do something extremely clever until you got to later missions that were time based (and therefore utterly hopeless) but the controls were a gigantic disappointment. This would have been game of the year if things didn't fall apart from a slight nudge and if Maxwell didn't barrel towards everything with the grace of an elephant.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
This officially makes 5th cell a blockbuster developer and they will have a lot of money to play with for their next, so maybe it wont as unwieldy as this one was, but i'll be approaching their next game with skepticism. Scriblenaugts was fun but interesting and overall I did'nt regret the purchase, but had only bought 2 DS games this year (the other being FE: Shadow Dragon) and neither was all that great, so their just wasn't compation, not to me.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Anybody complaining about this has no soul and is the exact reason companies get to do things like Activision and EA did and make money off the same thing over and over. I am glad that a small studio was able to make a game that sold greatly despite its flaws and I'm glad I contributed in a small fashion.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Ohh Mr. Tito, you are a clever one.

Anyways, can't speak for the title, haven't played it. Congrats to them

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Scribblenauts was fantastic on paper, but then it got made into a game. The big problem with it was that puzzles eventually started getting a bit too obscure while at the same time requiring the same basic strategies and items to complete. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to the game, but they really need to add a lot of polish, and make the puzzles a little more clever.