Scribblenauts Outs Humble Warner Bros. Bundle - UPDATED

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Mirrorknight said:
Latinidiot said:
Andy Chalk said:
Latinidiot said:
I am definitely interested. But tell me first, gentle escapees, are FEAR 2 and 3 any good?
FEAR 2 doesn't have the atmosphere or frights of the original but it's still a solid shooter and well-worth playing, and has one of the most memorable endings I've ever experienced. Not sure about FEAR 3, haven't played it yet - still trying to track down that ridiculous collector's edition with the glow-in-the-dark pregnant Alma.
Well worth playing eh? Strangely, that is not something that screams 'good game', but it is more convincing than someone telling me it's the pinnacle of things on screens. I thought Alma was like, 10 years old? What the f-

I think I'm not skipping this one.
Fthreer is not that good. Pretty much took all the fright out, made it more or less a normal shooter. Do yourself a favor and play as the ghost dude at first, at least then it mixes up the gameplay a bit with the possession mechanic.

But hey, for 5 bucks, it'd say it's a decent timewaster all by itself. You got the other games, too.

Just bought it for 7. I must say, I really like this charity. Not to say that Childs Play doesnt do good work, but I like this one better.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Glaice said:
So it's now Humble Corporate Bundle? I thought it was meant for smaller developers and publishers, not megasized AAA ones.
It's more for anyone who wants to support the charities they're helping I would guess, they still do indie ones too.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
I'm gonna drop $20 on this I've always wanted Scribblenauts, but have the Batman games already, who wants them?
I think they changed it so you can no longer give them away but if you still can I would love them

Airon

Jan 8, 2012
Aaaaaaawesome. I bought and sold Arkam Asylum on the 360, and now I get to play it again for just a few bucks. Great bargain.

Thanks WB.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
CommanderL said:
Evil Smurf said:
I'm gonna drop $20 on this I've always wanted Scribblenauts, but have the Batman games already, who wants them?
I think they changed it so you can no longer give them away but if you still can I would love them
You can absolutely still gift away any title you don't want or need yourself.

You're just discouraged from selling them.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Latinidiot said:
I am definitely interested. But tell me first, gentle escapees, are FEAR 2 and 3 any good?
FEAR 2 doesn't have the atmosphere or frights of the original but it's still a solid shooter and well-worth playing, and has one of the most memorable endings I've ever experienced. Not sure about FEAR 3, haven't played it yet - still trying to track down that ridiculous collector's edition with the glow-in-the-dark pregnant Alma.
Fear 3 or F3AR for the modern illiterates is easily the weakest of them all.

I quite like Alma, though.

My pregnant little spooky girl lives with the roaches.

edgecult

May 4, 2011
Headdrivehardscrew said:

By the bushy beard of odin that thing is horrifying.. seriously how do you leave that in a dark room where you sleep without dreaming it's going to crawl over to you and kill you? O_O

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Headdrivehardscrew said:
You have one of those things? I am very jealous.

Latinidiot said:
Well worth playing eh? Strangely, that is not something that screams 'good game', but it is more convincing than someone telling me it's the pinnacle of things on screens. I thought Alma was like, 10 years old? What the f-
Alma's psychic projections in FEAR were younger than her actual physical age, although that's a bit off-kilter too due to reasons. FEAR 2 wasn't nearly as good as FEAR, it didn't take the franchise in the direction it should've gone, it muddled the story and turned the whole thing into a mess, and in that light, no, as a FEAR game it's not great. But as a competent, high-action shooter with a decent supporting cast and a mind-blowing ending (seriously) it's pretty decent. Take it for what it's worth (and hey, it's a five-dollar bundle) and you'll be happy.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
edgecult said:
By the bushy beard of odin that thing is horrifying.. seriously how do you leave that in a dark room where you sleep without dreaming it's going to crawl over to you and kill you? O_O
Nah, the critters got their own room. Well, most of them.

I think the roaches will be able to teach Alma an important lesson about how society as a whole relies heavily on the actions of each and every individual. I also think the roaches will be able to teach lil Satan Hellspawn how to make friends and play ball. They're a fun peacenik bunch. I really like them. They are a very accepting and appreciative bunch.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Wow, I wasn't planning on giving more than average because I already have Arkham City GOTY and a version of Scribblenauts but it turns out the average is $4.63 and I'd feel like a goddamn scumbag paying less than that, or even anywhere near that. Oh well, it's not like I had much faith in humanity to begin with.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Picking up this just for Arkham City which I haven't gotten around to playing. I liked the first FEAR game but I don't think I could stomach two more of them. I honestly have never heard of that Lord of the Rings game.

wolf_isthebest

the Insane
Mar 4, 2009
Arkham Asylum still looks great on high. I forgot how good they made this game. Still need to edit .ini to change mouse sensitivity....

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Thought I'd also mention that it is not pay want you want. The website will not let you process any orders under $0.50. Also, all games are only redeemable via steam and you have to pay a minimum of $1 for steam keys.

Pay what you want, as long as it's over $1.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Glaice said:
So it's now Humble Corporate Bundle? I thought it was meant for smaller developers and publishers, not megasized AAA ones.
It was meant to let people pay what they wanted and donate the proceeds to charity or whatever the consumer wants. Initially, it was only indie devs willing to do it, but the overwhelming success attracted bigger devs too. It's an extremely pro-consumer system, and that big name publishers and devs are interested in it is nothing but good news.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
This bundle seems a bit unbalanced...

We have...

LORD OF THE RINGS: WAR IN THE NORTH

BATMAN!

MORE BATMAN!

FEAR 2!

F3AR!

AND...

Scribblenauts Unlimited?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I'm grateful for the extra games, I'd wanted to get a copy of Mortal Kombat again for a while but I already had two of the three games in the collection so there didn't seem much point in buying the collection. Since I already paid the above average for the bundle it feels like getting it as a bonus rather than buying games I already own (even though that is technically what I did).

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Nice update. I mean it was already well worth paying over the average for the extra games but I have to admit I was wondering why the F.E.A.R. game wasn't included before.

Always nice to see big names like WB putting their games on Humble Bundle.