Scribblenauts Uses Phonebooth to Change Into Super Scribblenauts

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Hmm... meh. If I can trade-in my old Scribblenauts to get the new one I'd be interested, but that game played itself out and got boring before I even got $10's worth of enjoyment from it. While I'm sure the sequel's features will make-up for what the first one lacked, I doubt it'll provide enough enjoyment to cover the purchase of two games.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Hmm... I liked the first one, but, of course it suffered from a few flaws...
But with the words 'updated controls', it seems they are likely all to go away!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Furburt said:
I feel I'm one of the few who enjoyed Scribblenauts. Sure, it wasn't very deep, but it was fun, it was lighthearted, and it was innovative. I await this game eagerly.

I call flatulent, pathetic Satan!
I dibs God!

I can't wait for this. Scribblenauts is arguably the best NDS game.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Nouw said:
Furburt said:
I feel I'm one of the few who enjoyed Scribblenauts. Sure, it wasn't very deep, but it was fun, it was lighthearted, and it was innovative. I await this game eagerly.

I call flatulent, pathetic Satan!
I can't wait for this. Scribblenauts is arguably the best NDS game.
I find it one of the worst NDS games. So I will argue.

1. Most of the "words" you can use are copy-pasted. That is, some of the items, despite different names, look exactly the same.
2. CONTROLS GOD DAMN CONTROLS STOP RUNNING LIKE AN IDIOT STOPPP STOOOOP DONT JUMP game over.
3. Oh, so it's a puzzle game, where you make things by typing... yeaaah too bad you can just fly around the map on the jetpack.
4. Why the hell do spikes destroy everything? They destroy rocks and metal, for crying out loud.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Rainboq said:
My reaction is something like this.

i fail to see how this is relevant, but is incredibly funny
IMPROVED CONTROLS!
FINALLY, THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE GAME BAR ITS REPETITIVENESS HAS BEEN FIXED!
i heard that it will now use the dpad for movement controls
Abedeus said:
I find it one of the worst NDS games. So I will argue.
harsh
1. Most of the "words" you can use are copy-pasted. That is, some of the items, despite different names, look exactly the same.
it was hard enough to make that work, never mind different sprites for most everything in existence. please dont be pedantic, i now there are millions of this NOT mentioned, but they must have hit the dictionary pretty hard
2. CONTROLS GOD DAMN CONTROLS STOP RUNNING LIKE AN IDIOT STOPPP STOOOOP DONT JUMP game over.
that annoyed me greatly, but its been fixed in this one, movement uses the dpad
3. Oh, so it's a puzzle game, where you make things by typing... yeaaah too bad you can just fly around the map on the jetpack.
also fixed, the levels apparently have more variety and limitations
4. Why the hell do spikes destroy everything? They destroy rocks and metal, for crying out loud.
there is a perfectly good explanation for tha- oh look at the time, must dash
seriously, youve got me there. the collision was awful as well, as if you hit the square that the spike was in, or just the side of it, poof
Eric the Orange said:
By logical progression the next game should be called Scribblenauts 64.
dont tempt fate :)

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Maybe it'll be like Street Fighter, and this version will include a couple new fighters and a new outfit for Cthulu. :| I dunno.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
Spawn Vending Machine.
Spawn Handcuffs.
Attach Handcuffs To Star.
Drag Star, With Handcuffs, Into Vending Machine.
Move Vending Machine To Player.
Receive Star.
Finish Game.

Cry.
No offense, but if you were playing Scribblenauts just to beat it you were doing it wrong. Yes, you can do the handcuffs exploit to beat every level in the game easily. That doesn't mean that you should.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I just hope this one doesn't end up being accidentally racist like the first one did.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
One thing about the title. It actually does make sense. Super is an adjective.

The first game was just nouns. Scribblenauts.

The second game can apply adjectives to nouns. Super Scribblenauts.

CompanionCube

Aug 5, 2008
Tekkawarrior said:
CompanionCube said:
Fuck yes

I played Scribblenauts before, it was pretty cool. I really hope it gets a non-DS (PC) launch.

I can dream.
ever heard of emulators?
It's generally not a good idea to say your a pirate. (Try it on Facepunch, I dare you)

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
StrangerMouse said:
Now I can finally live my dream of typing "Obese Maroon Zombie Lesbian Hamsters."
You forget; No naughty words. Unless the people at Fifth Cell have lightened up a bit.

I'm genuinely looking forward to it, the adjective stuff sounds cool.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
boholikeu said:
No offense, but if you were playing Scribblenauts just to beat it you were doing it wrong. Yes, you can do the handcuffs exploit to beat every level in the game easily. That doesn't mean that you should.
I think you missed that last part, where I added 'Cry'. See, that was by way of what we call a 'Joke'. Keep an eye out, and you too can spot them in your every day environment!

StrangerMouse

May 16, 2010
lwm3398 said:
StrangerMouse said:
Now I can finally live my dream of typing "Obese Maroon Zombie Lesbian Hamsters."
You forget; No naughty words. Unless the people at Fifth Cell have lightened up a bit.

I'm genuinely looking forward to it, the adjective stuff sounds cool.
From this, I can draw only one conclusion:

FITH CELL ARE HOMOPHOBES!

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
boholikeu said:
I think you missed that last part, where I added 'Cry'. See, that was by way of what we call a 'Joke'. Keep an eye out, and you too can spot them in your every day environment!
Heh, sorry. You'd think an English teacher like me would be better at reading comprehension =)

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
StrangerMouse said:
From this, I can draw only one conclusion:

FITH CELL ARE HOMOPHOBES!
No, they just don't allow naughty things. Like alcohol or sex toys and the like.

You can't make a person a certain race or minority, everyone is the same. You can't be specific, or the entry will just come up with the closest thing it gets out of the entry. Italian brings up suggestions, not an actual Italian person.