SDCC 2014: Godzilla 2 Confirmed, Will Feature Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
arc1991 said:
Super Cyborg said:
Well I knew Mothra would be part of the next movie. If you paid attention to when they go back to their house in the quarantine zone, there is a bug cage with the words Mothra on it. Since Mothra wasn't in the first, it was easy to assume that it would appear in the next movie. Look forward to it, faith in humanity slightly restored.

As for those complaining about not seeing much of the monsters, besides all Godzilla movies not featuring the monsters much till the end, the movie would be less effective. Because they didn't show the monsters much, it built up the excitement for when you would see the fights. It also helped build up when Godzilla was first fully shown.

All I have left to say is, with this and Pacific Rim 2, as well as the future of Marvel movies, I look forward to a number of movies in the coming years.
Transformers 5, Starwars ep 7, Power Rangers, Star Trek 3, The Last of Us, Fantastic 4, New X-men film (probably) Mysterious Creatures and where to find them (yes that book about the creatures of Harry Potter universe is getting a film)

Yup, good few years for movies
Out of those you listed, the ones that I have a slight interest in is Starwars, Star Trek (Still need to watch the second one), possibly Fantastic 4, and the Harry Potter one (Still need to finish watching those. Never cared for transformers or power rangers, and still need to play last of us to decide if I would care about that. Oh yeah, there's suppose to be a sequel for the Lego Movie, hopefully it can capture what made the 1st good.

As far as the Godzilla sequel goes, I wonder if it will be a tag team type deal, or how it will work. This could be a chance for Mothra not to seem useless outside of it's own movies. I await for what they look like.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Oh, man, this is going to be so AWESOME.

If we can run oof of Gidrah: The Three-Headed Monster, I'm going to assume at some point, Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan are going to team up to take down King Ghidorah.
Heh, I'm picturing Rodan, Mothra, and KG flying around and Godzilla looking at them like "Man, that sure looks cool."

Seriously though, I'm really hyped for this.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
fine by me, but i hope they leave this boring and stupid soldier boy out and actually show more of monster fighting instead soldiers.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Apparently character overkill is not a concept these people are familiar with. Still if they focus more on the monsters and less on the human characters that I didn't care about then it should be good.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they learned a thing or two. Mainly, don't cut out monster backstory in favor of boring one-note heroes that don't actually accomplish anything.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Do a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and ditch the original cast while focusing on the CGI behemoth.