SDCC 2014: Watch the Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
So this movie is well into "Road Warrior" territory... way past the origins line.
I thought it was going to be a new origins movie with Rockatansky and family, The Goose, etc.

I guess I am ok eitherway

80sboy

May 23, 2013
As long as the humor that George Miller is known for in these movies is still there, I'll love it. Honestly, I find what set the originals - even Thunderdome - apart and beyond every other post apocalyptic movies is that as dark as it got, there was a welcoming sense of humor in them, NOT DARK HUMOR. But what kept the world from seeming depressingly dark and gritty. A silliness that made all the characters likeable, even the villains.

Fallout got that sense of humor, and it's what's made that series better than every other Mad Max wannabe series that's come out since.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
It certainly feels aesthetically like Mad Max 2, and not quite as far into full camp as Thunderdome. I'd genuinely be willing to give this one a go.

One of the things I always liked about the second and third movies was that you could feel their origins as separate films that got pulled into the franchise (in the same way that the Die Hard movies often did). Thunderdome, in particular, had the whole Riddley Walker bit with the kids that clearly didn't belong and yet for all that was kind of wonderful in its own way. I do worry that this one will be a bit too slick and miss some of the rough-and-ready feel that made the original trilogy so charming. But so far, fingers crossed.