Sean Bean Narrates Train Simulator 2014 Launch Trailer

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If you go too fast under a bridge does your train still shoot up into outerspace and crash the game?
That was the best feature.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Andy Chalk said:
And before you ask, no, he doesn't die at the end. But it really is him.
He voices the narration for the trailer. The trailer is a representation of the game. Therefore he is the voice of the game, making the game a projection of him...

This game is doomed.

Britishfan

Jan 9, 2013
The real reason Sean Bean did this? He has a condition. I call it "too many ex-wives syndrome". It explains why he turns up in so many terrible films alongside the good ones.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
[HEADING=3]THE TRAIN REMEMBERS[/HEADING]

At any rate, that was great, it almost convinced me to buy the damn game.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
I actually played Rail Simulator 2013 a fair bit, but got bored of it after a while. Driving Diesels was pretty dull, but driving the Steam Locos was actually pretty interesting and engaging because of all the steam pressure related shenanigans.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
If I had to wager I guess I'd say it's a distinct possibility that it's made by a company more akin to Crytek, whose main business isn't in video-games but still produce related technologies that can easily be adapted to video games.

Perhaps a company producing real training simulators for actual train companies which they then adapt to a consumer version for sale as a 'game'.
No, they are made by a company called RSC, website here http://www.railsimulator.com/ The business model is shockingly simple the core game is charged for but they no doubt make a considerable amount of money through their add on DLC of which their is a rather large amount

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010

131 at the last count, the DLC ranges from new Locomotives, new Rolling stock through to whole new routes and at a cost of anywhere from £4.99 through to £24.99 it isn't a surprise how they make the cash they do. In fact the core game is such a small money maker that the last three yearly updates have all been rolled out to owners of the game free of charge.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
You know what, if Sean Bean narrated every single game trailer from now on I believe that would be an incredible improvement across the medium.

That was a damn fine voice. I hope he gets into voice acting more and more. At least he won't die...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Considering the fascinating history of the British rail system and its heritage, that was quite uplifting.

DSK-

May 13, 2010

"Trains are coming...."

Sorry. Couldn't help myself, folks!

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
That was inspirational. Good show, Mr. Bean. I really want to ride a train now.
A shame I live in Michigan, where you can't find any kind of passenger train, due to Detroit "Motor City."

Now, did they just hire him to voice this monologue, or did he see the opportunity and take it?
Or does Sean Bean just really love trains?

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
Pfft. Why would I buy that game? I drive real trains every day, and I get paid to do it.

Though I do like how it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy whilst making sure to not bring up the realities like people using trains as mobile toilets, and the large amount of junkies/animals that use public transport. Still, it could be worse. It could be busses...