Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Ne1butme said:
Artemis923 said:
Ne1butme said:
Artemis923 said:
Still no Jaqen H'gar...THE FUCK.

>.<
Didn't we see Jaqen in the cart in the last episode?
No. We saw some d00sh in a hood because they haven't cast him yet.
We saw Biter (guy with teeth), a normal looking person, and the guy under the hood. Normal looking guy still had a nose, so unless they are changing that aspect, he's not Rorge.

Therefore, i think normal looking guy was Jaqen and the guy in the hood was Rorge. But you could be right. Until they specifically tell us who played whom, we can just guess.
Look again. There's a large chunk missing from his nose...and his hair is NOT red and white. Therefore, he is Rorge...and Jaqen H'gar remains unseen.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Emurlahn said:
Mr Thin said:
I've been avoiding all news of this show like the plague, because I can't get it, and it hurts too much to see.

But this, I HAD TO KNOW! AND NOW IT HURTS AGAIN!

ARGH!
Solution= watch on internet, buy on dvd/blue-ray when available, do not feel guilty.
Which is exactly what I'm doing (and did with Deadwood before in fact). Even if the show gets picked up in Holland my viewing it will not change the exec decisions since they're looking at the US cash anyway. And if it hits tv locally I'll watch it again.

Haven't read the books but loving this show. Got pulled into it out of Sean Bean fandom and am now hooked. Carice walking in on the second season is an awesome treat.

The acting performances on this show have been great, hope they manage to maintain (surpass?) this level.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
TheAmazingHobo said:
Their casting decisions really put me at ease with regards to the second season. Just solid decisions all around. Okay, no one really exciting so far, but that´s fine, I prefer the drama to happen on-screen anyway.

And I think Cunningham works rather well. I always imagined Davos to be the seasoned, ruggedly aged, slightly tired type. But I guess ultimately every reader has his/her own version of the Onion Knight anyway.
Just glad they went with the one I had in my head ;)

I agree with you about Davos' casting with Liam Cunningham. He's brilliant and can do the type of seasoned seafarer that Davos is no bother.
Saw him at his psychotic best in The Guard last night.

I wonder where the hell Greg Tito got his impression of him, I must have a totally different edition of the books to him :p He made Davos sound like some lame pastiche of the Dread Pirate Roberts :p

I wanted Jeremy Irons as Stannis, but this guy looks to be a perfect choice! He better start grinding his teeth now for practice!

Really liking the choice as Melisandre, just hope she has the acting chops to pull her off.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I always thought that Melisandre looked more like Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean. I can't wait for the next season to start, ever since I've finished A Dance with Dragons I've been lacking my A Song of Fire and Ice fix.

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
Carice van Houten?? Really? Well she plays here rolls nicely but I think there would be better alternatives.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
Woeps said:
Carice van Houten?? Really? Well she plays here rolls nicely but I think there would be better alternatives.
No. Just no. Van Houten is a fantastic actress. Just let her do her thang and criticize once the deed is done.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Some of you guys are going to get let down as the seasons progress. There are some things they can do and some things they cant when it comes to make up and even casting. I don't want to give away anything but some of the things that happen to Tyrion will obviously not carry over. As for Rorge, I doubt they'd attempt to use make up to.. make up .. for the nose. Scars are one thing but trying to create an illusion of a missing nose throughout production is completely different.

I'm pretty happy with the casting for season 2. I'm more concerned with how well the actors project the characters than anything else. I have solid faith in the casting abilities of the production crew after season 1.

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
unabomberman said:
No. Just no. Van Houten is a fantastic actress. Just let her do her thang and criticize once the deed is done.

Well I'm not saying that she won't perform but there are other people that I think that are better suited. It is an opinion that I have but that doesn?t mean that she probably will do an alright or even good job