Second Free Dishonored 2 Update Adds Custom Difficulty Settings and Mission Select

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Second Free Dishonored 2 Update Adds Custom Difficulty Settings and Mission Select

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1376/1376956.jpgThe second free update for Dishonored 2 is live now, adding the ability to select and replay any mission, as well as more than 20 custom difficulty options.

Dishonored 2 got its first free game update back in December, when Arkane added the New Game Plus mode. Today, the company adds its second free update to the game we chose as the Best Action/Adventure title of 2016 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/17351-Escapist-Awards-Best-of-2016], bringing custom difficulty settings and mission select options.

Custom difficulty settings allow you to tweak a host of options to make your playthroughs a bit easier, or much harder, depending on your preferences. You can adjust how quickly sleep darts take effect, how many enemies attack you at once, and you can even turn on "Iron Mode," forcing you to play through with permadeath enabled and no manual saving or loading.

Also included is the ability to replay any mission that you unlock after the update is installed. What's even better is that selecting and running a mission will retain the status of your playthrough at the start of that mission, including things like chaos, runes, money, etc.

There are also a number of bugfixes and updates in this release. You can find a full list of those in this post [https://bethesda.net/en/article/5eX5NlZf8I6AMwSswCsQ/dishonored-2-update-custom-difficulty-and-mission-select] on Bethesda.net.

[gallery=6836]

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
The Gentleman said:
Anyone got a specific list of the custom settings?
Having loaded up the game, the options seem to be:

* Difficulty (no change there)
* Save Model (infinite, one, or no save slots)
* Quick-access Wheel (whether or not the game slows when the tool/power wheel is open)
* Enemy Perception (how long it takes enemies to notice you)
* Enemy Overhead Perception (how easily enemies notice if you're above them)
* Lean Visibility (whether or not enemies see you if you're leaning)
* Constrained Leaning (halves how much you can peek from behind cover)
* Sleep Dart Toxin Speed
* Footstep Noise (how hard it is for enemies to hear you)
* Search Persistency (how long it takes enemies to give up looking for you)
* Reinforcements (how many guards come when an alarm is triggered)
* Health Regeneration (more or less health regenerated after damage)
* Enemy Damage
* Group Attack (one to three enemies attack at once)
* Attack Frequency
* Ranged Accuracy (whether or not the enemies are stormtroopers)
* Enemy Bravery (how often they run away screaming when you kill their friends)
* Mana Replenish (more or less mana regenerates after using a power)
* Ammunition Quantity (how much ammo you find)
* Elixir Speed (how long mana and health potions take to take effect)
* Elixir Strength (how much mana and health they restore)
* Chase Tenacity (how quickly enemies give up if you run away)
* Stealth Visibility (how easily seen you are in the light)

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
thanks for the detailed list tahaneira.

im glad for this update. wish this would have been released few weeks earlier. because i messed up in a mission without knowing it and i wanted to replay it again but could not. so far i really enjoy the game (PC) and i certainly will play it a second time. since i wont be getting RE7.