Secret Santa - 2017

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016
Stealing this from another place

This is the Secret Santa thread, the place to share some holiday cheer with your fellow forum users

The rules:

1. The gift must must be something you created, and something transferable via pm

Acceptable

[ul][li]Art you made[/li]
[li]A story you wrote[/li]
[li]A game you made[/li]
[li]Music you wrote yourself[/li]
[li]Any media you yourself have created[/li][/ul]

Unacceptable

[ul][li]Electronic Gift Cards[/li]
[li]Purchased Digital Content[/li]
[li]Any media you did not make yourself[/li]
[li]Anything purchased with cash[/li][/ul]

Simply put, this is something from the heart and must be something that you did not pay for. This also includes anything purchasable that you received for free, so if you have an extra game key, that is still unacceptable. This must be something you made yourself.

2. Gifts should abide to CoC standards. Keep it SFW folks

3. Please turn it in on time.

Sign-ups will last until December 17th. You will receive a PM from me with your assigned giftee (feel free to spam me about it). From there you have until December 24th to turn in your gift. If you fail to turn in a gift and do not give an explanation, well shame on ya.

I foresee balls being dropped so if anyone is up for making backups gifts let me know

Starto:

Name: Gauche

Dislikes: Screeches, flashing lights

Fun Fact About Me: Assured to lose a screw

Can you be a backup gifter?: Probably not with all the PMs and whatnot

Users participating:

Gauche
bluegate
Major_Tom

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
[small]How did I miss this thread...[/small]

Great initiative there Gauche! 😄

Although what I have in mind is but a small thing, I guess I'll join up!

( Also, BUMP on this thread! Come on people! look alive! )

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016
bluegate said:
[small]How did I miss this thread...[/small]

Great initiative there Gauche! 😄

Although what I have in mind is but a small thing, I guess I'll join up!

( Also, BUMP on this thread! Come on people! look alive! )
Bump much appreciated - with the deadline being around the corner this will be a really small thing in itself

Major_Tom said:
Do photographs count? It will be shot on film and developed by myself.
It falls under self made media so of course photographs count

[hr]

Both of you might want to provide a small list of likes/dislikes/etc. for others to go off by the way
Blind gifting be hard without it

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I am planning on giving away a little something through my add-on, if that is allowed?

If it isn't then well.. dang it! Can't think of much else. To anyone raffling me, please don't do anything too elaborate or anything.[hr]Name: bluegate

Likes: Snow, dogs, Christmas, bicycles, cookies, Mega Man ...

Dislikes: Bubbly Anime.

Fun Fact About Me: 🐶

Can you be a backup gifter?: I have a real hard time thinking of things to give to people, so I'd rather not.

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016
Okay, an extremely small thing

Sent out the PMs with your encrypted giftee (though with a pool of 3 users it won't be much of a secret)

Have at it!
bluegate said:
I am planning on giving away a little something through my add-on, if that is allowed?

If it isn't then well.. dang it! Can't think of much else. To anyone raffling me, please don't do anything too elaborate or anything.
I don't see why not - you did write the code and all

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Oh fuck, sorry, I forgot we were doing this. Wow, so many people joined!

Anyway.

Name: Major_Tom

Likes: Space, classic cars, dogs, LEDs, obsolete technology...

Dislikes: HDR

Fun Fact About Me: I used to row back in high school

Can you be a backup gifter?: Sure.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Huh, I never noticed this thread. I'd do it, but I can't handle the creative pressure.

bluegate said:
Totally unrelated, but do you have a link to that community whiteboard thread you made? I kind of forgot about it and am wondering if anybody else drew anything. WW threads don't show up in the searchbar :/

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Drathnoxis said:
Huh, I never noticed this thread. I'd do it, but I can't handle the creative pressure.
Could have gone with a rhyme;

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Friendship is Tragic,
The Cow says Moo.

But that does sound relatable though, personally worry a lot if what I make would be good enough😛
Back in college, Public Speaking / Presentation Classes were hell where you yourself'd have to pick a topic to give a presentation on 😖😂

Drathnoxis said:
bluegate said:
Totally unrelated, but do you have a link to that community whiteboard thread you made? I kind of forgot about it and am wondering if anybody else drew anything. WW threads don't show up in the searchbar :/
Sure thing, here it is;

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1022428-Community-Sketch-Board

Depending on when you last visited, people have been drawing things on there. Also a little heads up, I'm going to wrap it up sometime between Christmas and New Year's, so if you want to get some drawing in yourself, now's the time.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Gauche said:

Sign-ups will last until December 17th. You will receive a PM from me with your assigned giftee (feel free to spam me about it). From there you have until December 24th to turn in your gift. If you fail to turn in a gift and do not give an explanation, well shame on ya.
How is turning in the gifts going to work?

Are we to send the things we want to gift to you through PM and then you hand them out when the time comes?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
bluegate said:
Drathnoxis said:
bluegate said:
Sure thing, here it is;

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1022428-Community-Sketch-Board

Depending on when you last visited, people have been drawing things on there. Also a little heads up, I'm going to wrap it up sometime between Christmas and New Year's, so if you want to get some drawing in yourself, now's the time.
Oh wow, it's filled out a lot since I last saw it! I like that little sword design in the top left, because I think it represents the best part of the community sketch board. Somebody made a little red diagonal line, and then I added a handle and made it into a sword, and then someone else came along and turned it into a little design.

Huh, I thought it was in the WW, not Off-Topic.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I've taken part in many secret Santas over the years and not once have I ever been given a ****ing thing.

I make an effort to give something that people would want but not a single person has even just bought a selection box for me. It's not as if I am hard to buy for, a four pack of beer would make me happy.

Yes I am bitter.

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016
bluegate said:
Gauche said:

How is turning in the gifts going to work?

Are we to send the things we want to gift to you through PM and then you hand them out when the time comes?
Somehow missed this scrolling down

You hand out your gift to the person you raffled whenever you feel like it via PM
Otherwise it would be rather impersonal don't cha think

If someone didn't receive their gift by the deadline I'd encourage them to contact me to determine the culprit and set them up with a backup gifter though I don't suspect that'll be an issue this time

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Drathnoxis said:
Oh wow, it's filled out a lot since I last saw it! I like that little sword design in the top left, because I think it represents the best part of the community sketch board. Somebody made a little red diagonal line, and then I added a handle and made it into a sword, and then someone else came along and turned it into a little design.

Huh, I thought it was in the WW, not Off-Topic.
That is one of the cool things of such a community board, isn't it😄

And indeed, it used to be in the Wild West for a week or so as a test run, then I decided to also throw it out in Off-Topic to allow more users to use it.

Gauche said:
Somehow missed this scrolling down

You hand out your gift to the person you raffled whenever you feel like it via PM
Otherwise it would be rather impersonal don't cha think

If someone didn't receive their gift by the deadline I'd encourage them to contact me to determine the culprit and set them up with a backup gifter though I don't suspect that'll be an issue this time
Whenever you feel like it? Time to get cracking then...

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
As it's currently somewhere between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day around the world, I'll just post this now...

A Merry Christmas to everyone! 😁🎅☃🎄

Not that many people joined in this time, but it was an honor to do this Secret Santa with you all 😁 Kudo's to Gauche for organizing it and Kudo's to everyone that participated 😀🎄☃🎅