Sectoids Are Back in New XCom: Enemy Unknown Screens

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sectoids Are Back in New XCom: Enemy Unknown Screens

If it's Thursday, it must be time to check out a whole bunch of hot-looking XCom: Enemy Unknown screenshots!

There's actually no connection between Thursday and XCom: Enemy Unknown that I'm aware of, but I have space to fill. I do have a bunch of new screens to look at, though, so it's not like I brought you in here for nothing.

[gallery=621]

Screenshots can't tell you much about a game but what I see here has me pretty excited. Dark streets, dead bodies, alien scumbags and intrepid, heavily armed soldiers with foreign names and weapon hit percentages. Great to see the Sectoids back for the party, and that big image of the Earth with the reminders about the xenobiology research and the upcoming Funding Council report just about gives me chills. That's XCom, baby! Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

XCom: Enemy Unknown is slated to come out in the fall for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Damn, this game is looking better and better as time goes on, and I am not even an X-Com fan!

Also, were did those images with the diner look like they had destructible environments to you? Because they sure did to me. Which is great, because I am a sucker for a good destructible environment.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Bit slow on the uptake aren't we, Muton's are also back along with cyber disks the more pressing issue is them getting rid of time units and ammo and whether that's a bad thing or not

Twixley

Evil penguin
Nov 30, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Damn, this game is looking better and better as time goes on, and I am not even an X-Com fan!

Also, were did those images with the diner look like they had destructible environments to you? Because they sure did to me. Which is great, because I am a sucker for a good destructible environment.
Yes, this game has destructible environments. It is in fact one of the BIG staples of the old X-com games and would absolutely have to be there for any fans to aknowledge it as a worthy successor.
As such destructible environments are one of the features they guaranteed in the original anouncement of this game.

Domehammer

Jun 17, 2011
I don't get it anymore... I remember seeing game advertised as fps but now it reminds me of old x-com almost. What style if game being made in? So confused...

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Twixley said:
BreakfastMan said:

Yes, this game has destructible environments. It is in fact one of the BIG staples of the old X-com games and would absolutely have to be there for any fans to aknowledge it as a worthy successor.
As such destructible environments are one of the features they guaranteed in the original anouncement of this game.
Hmm... Must have missed that. But it does make me want to pick up the game more, as I mentioned. :)

Also, that kind of encourages me to go back and try some of the older games in the series...

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Domehammer said:
I don't get it anymore... I remember seeing game advertised as fps but now it reminds me of old x-com almost. What style if game being made in? So confused...
well its be expected because its both we have XCOM which is the shooter and we have XCOM:enemy unknown which is the remake/re-imaging

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
Now what I don't get is why they felt the need to do anything but -this- from the start. What, did they think XCOM fans were just going to flock to something because it was called XCOM? Well at least whatever magnificent retards made that assumption have apparently been taken by the ear and tossed out on their asses because this is looking like the sequel the fans actually want.