See Captain America's Wedding Dress: Oz Comic Con Cosplay Gallery 2

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
See Captain America's Wedding Dress: Oz Comic Con Cosplay Gallery 2

Even more great cosplay from Australia's multi-city Convention.

Read Full Article

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think #13 is supposed to be rule 63 Jack Skellington and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
canadamus_prime said:
I think #13 is supposed to be rule 63 Jack Skellington and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.
That's a REAAAAALLLLY good guess. I couldn't find pictures close enough to confirm, but I think I'm going to call it for you.

Also, awesome screen name.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
The first one you said you didn't recognize is, I believe, Animal Crossing. The guy's sign with the "ZzZ" on it made me think of some of my animals in Paulberg.

And the gender swapped Jack and Sally is my guess too. The big bat-like tie piece is a dead (pun intended) giveaway.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
RossaLincoln said:
canadamus_prime said:
That's a REAAAAALLLLY good guess. I couldn't find pictures close enough to confirm, but I think I'm going to call it for you.

Looking at it, I can't come up with anything else.

Also, thank you.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
RossaLincoln said:
canadamus_prime said:

No, that is Jack Skelington and Sally gender swapped. Is wrong to say Jackie Skelington has a nice rack?

hellerphant

Jul 6, 2014
Can confirm that they were gender swapped Jack and Sally. They said they were going for an anime take on the characters.

Thanks to everyone looking at these photos. It was my first assignment for The Escapist, and it was an absolute blast!

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that #6 is meant to be Elizabeth Midford from the anime Kuroshitsuji (also known as Black Butler).

And #15 is Ciel Phantomhive (The one with the eye-patch) and Alois Trancy (The one in the somewhat fruity red-violet get up), also from the same anime as #6.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
#2 is a bit of a mix. The one on the left is Madoka from Madoka Magica, the two on the right are Reese (pink) and Cyrus (blue), the Alpaca owners of the pawn shop in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Not sure of the last one.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
#2 is a mixed bag
Far Left is Madoka from Magical Madoka
Mid left I have no idea
and right side is Cyrus/Reese from animal Crossing

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Is it certain that that girl is supposed to be the doctor's companion (presumably Rose)? Given how spot on the guy looks, by comparison she just looks like some random friend who happened to be standing beside him during the photo. At least she's blond I guess....

I suppose that's part of the downside of dressing up as characters that don't have any particularly distinct traits. Plenty of people who can look pretty and blond without intentionally cosplaying.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Oh man, the Cloud and Aeris actually look REALLY good. I'm used to seeing really poor Cloud's.

I don't know if that's the Doctor's companion but if it is, it's a pretty dismal attempt...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
bdcjacko said:
RossaLincoln said:
canadamus_prime said:

No, that is Jack Skelington and Sally gender swapped. Is wrong to say Jackie Skelington has a nice rack?
That's what rule 63 means, doesn't it?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
bdcjacko said:
RossaLincoln said:
canadamus_prime said:

I am unfamiliar with the rule numbers.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
bdcjacko said:
canadamus_prime said:
bdcjacko said:
RossaLincoln said:
canadamus_prime said:

I am unfamiliar with the rule numbers.
Well I don't know the exact wording, but I'm fairly certain rule 63 basically amounts to gender swapping characters.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Jadak said:
Is it certain that that girl is supposed to be the doctor's companion (presumably Rose)? Given how spot on the guy looks, by comparison she just looks like some random friend who happened to be standing beside him during the photo. At least she's blond I guess....

I suppose that's part of the downside of dressing up as characters that don't have any particularly distinct traits. Plenty of people who can look pretty and blond without intentionally cosplaying.
She doesn't look like Rose at all. I would say if anything she is trying to be the Doctor's daughter Jenny. Who is the actor's wife. And who is one of the other actors' daughter. She is by peculiarity of lineage more suited to Doctor Who than any other actor who ever played in it. And if Jenny does not get a spin-off show, or at least reappear in the show pretty soon, there is going to be a quiet riot.

wasabinewt

May 5, 2014
I actually went to this convention, saw a few familiar faces. Although not in this photoset, my favorite cosplayer was a guy dressed up as Varys from Game of Thrones. :D