See Diablo 3 In Action On The PlayStation 3

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Shadowsetzer said:
I never got all the hate directed at this game... I mean, I agree that the RMAH was a horrible idea, but beyond that and the always-online requirement, I don't really see any drop in quality from D2.
The fact that it isn't D2 is a massive drop in quality from D2. I'd wager good money that there is no incarnation of D3 that would've pleased the fans save for a full-on clone of D2 (maybe with the improved graphics... maybe), were it only possible to peer into other dimensions to see how other versions of D3 fared. Diablo 3 was doomed the moment it wasn't Diablo 2.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
"where split-second timing and sharp reflexes are the only thing separating you from victory and a quick, one-shot death at the hands of even relatively common foes. "

Man, what kind of Diablo 3 are you playing? Send me a little bit of yours because mine is just a huge gear check.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Shadowsetzer said:
I never got all the hate directed at this game... I mean, I agree that the RMAH was a horrible idea, but beyond that and the always-online requirement, I don't really see any drop in quality from D2.
The fact that it isn't D2 is a massive drop in quality from D2. I'd wager good money that there is no incarnation of D3 that would've pleased the fans save for a full-on clone of D2 (maybe with the improved graphics... maybe), were it only possible to peer into other dimensions to see how other versions of D3 fared. Diablo 3 was doomed the moment it wasn't Diablo 2.
To be honest, I thought people were quite optimist with the game. I for one, had a quite low expectation and the game still managed to disappoint me, because it was even less than what was shown in previews.

Not a bad action title, but extremely weak in story, RPG elements and itemization. And I mean extreme to the point of being amateurish.

On top of that, the auction house didn't really help - it made D3 a more competent skinner box and a much less interesting game

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
ThePuzzldPirate said:
Laptop and ripped off go hand to hand.
Note to self: Never, ever discuss computers with this audience. It's a bizarrely angry topic.
Ignore him. My last gaming laptop barely broke 1000 4 years ago, and still runs everything I want to play just fine today.
(My new laptop is for research and work as much as gaming, but still cost less than 1400 for an iCore7 16GB RAM, and a discrete GPU. My only regret is that Win7 is shit at managing more than 4 processors currently.)

Gaming notebooks are becoming more affordable every year.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well if you don't want to feel ripped off then wait for the $20-30 price point, then it becomes and acceptable game.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'll think for the long term and get it for PS4. But since there's lack of backward compatibility, I won't be getting PS4 and the game for a long long time.

Co-op with friends should be a blast though.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
On a positive note, playing the game on a PS3 controller may actually be an improvement over the original games.

Dodging projectiles with mouse clicks was always a nuisance. Playing on a controller will be like having additional WASD controls (only now it'll be a left analogue stick, so even better than WASD).
The only thing that will be lost in the translation is carefully placing your ranged area of effect attacks. For the PS3 version I expect the aim will always be centred on a hostile, because moving a cursor with the right analogue would be too unwieldy. Focus selection in addition to normal dual-stick controls would probably be the optimal solution.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
ThePuzzldPirate said:
Laptop and ripped off go hand to hand.
Note to self: Never, ever discuss computers with this audience. It's a bizarrely angry topic.
Gamers are a sensitive bunch when it comes to their particular platform. Just imagine how fiery the thread would be if you hadn't included "this looks really good (for a console game)."

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Shadowsetzer said:

Anyway, good news for PS3 owners, I guess.
With all the hype of this going to be "possibly the greatest game ever because I've been waiting 10 years for it" and in spite of a lot more content than Diablo II, it still looks like a totally mediocre piece of software. It didn't help that they were too lazy to differentiate its look from WoW.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay. I finally get to play Diabblo III. None of my computers could run it, or I was installing it wrong, or something, so I have a sixty dollar box just sitting in my room. So I'm excited about this.
Release date news is a big let down though.

Per Holmgren

Mar 24, 2013
Really cool. I'm looking forward to this.
Hopefully there won't be more currency problems for Blizzard..

http://mmoopinion.com/2013/03/16/about-the-gold/

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I've been a Diablo fan since '96, when I descended into the bowels of Tristram to vanquish the Lord of Terror.

I looked forward to Diablo 3 for over ten years. Years of Ba'al runs, Uber Tristram, and Hell cowing, because I loved it. I was so ready for D3 to blow me away. I waited anxiously to find out the repercussions of Tyrael's destruction of the Worldstone. I mean, the fuck? The Worldstone is what MADE Sanctuary....well, a sanctuary. I don't recall anyone, not even Tyrael himself, mentioning it in the game.

And that's before the rest of the atrocious plot sinks in. Add the RMAH, online bullshit, and losing Hardcore characters to lag {in single player, of course}, I was totally crushed at how disappointed I was at I game I should have been loving.

My hatred of Blizzard would make Mephisto proud. My desire for the destruction of this game and everything it has become would see me rise as Ba'al's strongest servant. The terror I wish to inflict on those who mutilated one of my favorite franchises would make Diablo smile.

Like the Dark Wanderer, I have become the very thing I set out to destroy.

And one last thing: Fuck the Witch Doctor. I want my Necromancer back.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
Given the now existent history, if this game sells like gangbusters, my disappointment will not be with Activision-Blizzard, it will be with the gaming community. If the game community keeps being so willing to reward crap, then crap is what will be made. Take a stand and vote with your wallet. Say NO to Diablo 3 (and any other crappy, over-hyped, DRM-crippled game).

Companies hear and understand only two sounds: the creak of your wallet opening and the slap of your wallet closing. All other sounds are considered noise to be ignored.