Sega Building New Alien Game to Take On Dead Space

NitehawkFury

Apr 8, 2011
I don't understand why companies seem hell-bent on simply going after the exact same thing that other games are doing.

"Hey, Modern Warfare is selling great, so the answer for us must be to create a semi-realistic first-person shooter with some kind of multiplayer element that has perks! Yeah, that'll put us on the top."

"Hey, Diablo sold well, so what we need to do is create another dungeon-crawler that gives you a pet, and let you go through floor after floor in some bottomless cave system! Yeah, that's just what we need."

If developers would just take their time to craft their own unique and interesting experiences instead of simply trying to "keep up with the Joneses" by attempting to duplicate other successes, they would have much more success, and we wouldn't constantly be playing what feels like the exact same games over and over again.

A game based on the Alien franchise? Could be cool. A game just like Dead Space? Why? I'll just play Dead Space. Why play the clone when the original is done right?

michaelknives52

Mar 12, 2011
I honesty don't know why SEGA wasted money purchasing this intellectual property as opposed to making an original space based survival horror video game with original new concepts and alien types. It should stop trying to copy other games and be original.

If I were a game developer for SEGA and had to pitch an idea I would think outside of the box. I understand that space marines and alien monsters is the status quo for a tacked on multiplayer mode to work but I say bullocks to that. screw multiplayer COD clones. Why does the protagonist have to be a space marine with a variety of weapons fighting evil space aliens that want to eat your face or hunt you for sport.

Why can't the hero of this game be an average Joe. Why can't the aliens be semi-intelligent yet unsympathetic to the well being of human beings. Why not make a story driven game based on say alien abduction as a theme.

If I were to make a game about alien abduction it would be story driven, in first person perspective done in a survival horror fashion. The story line would span over several time periods with characters in the same family blood line. Here is a rough opening and the primary premise:

You play as Joey, a 26 year old cattle australian cattle rancher whom lives with his wife Sheila and 8 year old son Mikey and 6 month year old daughter Ruth.

Act 1: Scene One - ABDUCTION
Setting: Joey's Home (located in a rural area on a ranch) - Anna Creek Station - South Australia, Australia 1976 9PM

The Open Cinematic begins with Joey putting is Mikey to bed reading him a bed time story. Joey's son Mikey insists that he sleeps in his parents room because he doesn't want the monsters to take him away again. Joey insists that their is nothing to be scared of. He tells him is a big boy and that no one will take him away as long as their golden retriever boomer is sleeping in the room with him. He leaves the hall way light and a baby monitor in his room for assurance.

Joey then proceeds to go to bed having a witty dialogue w/his wife. Everything seems normal until chaos ensues.

3:30AM -

Joey is woken up by hearing his daughter crying. It's almost pitch black... it seems that the power had gone out. As he scrambles for a flashlight to attend to his daughter he notices a flash of light through his closed blinds. His dogs start going nutz barking as loud as the can... then all of the sudden their is a series of loud yelps. He then wakes up his wife tells her to go get Mikey and lock themselves in the room and to call the sheriff, while he goes to check things out. With a flash light in hand he navigates down the stairs to the gun cabinet and then outside. To see what is going on outside. As he walks towards the kennel he finds all of his dogs dead... however strangely all of the flesh was removed from their skulls and neck area with zero blood while the rest of their bodies were in tact. As Joey investigated the bodies of his dead canines he hears loud screams from his wife and son from the second story bed room... he immediately dashes into the pitch black house. As Joey runs up the stares he notices a blue light illuminating from the cracks of the master bedroom door. He desperately attempt to break the door open with his shoulder frantically yelling for his wife to open the door when the screaming stopped.

As Joey finally breaks in the door he starts to feel faint and falls to the ground paralyzed. The scene fades to black as Joey notices all of his family members levitating in the air and then dematerializing phasing out to skin-to muscle tissue - to internal organs - to bone - to dust. With his vision blurry a shadowy figure walks up to him and puts its hand over his face.

Act 1: Scene 2 - Where Am I.

For some reason Joey wakes up in a state of sleep paralysis. Shadowy figures stand around him out of focus as they preform medical procedures on him before he passes out again. He wakes up again in an bright all white room on a cold white slab. As he regains his senses and ability to move around he desperately searches for his family. As he sneaks the corridors stark naked with his left arm removed he desparaly searches for his family. While exploring the corridors (in a location with pretty poor security) he notices gastly horrible things... human limbs and body parts in containers, humans quartered and dissected... weird embryos in tubes, different earth animals... and even aliens species dismembered. Sadly he stumbles upon is son dismembered in a stasis tube... stricken with terror and grief he picks up a weapon seeking the bastards that did this... he then stumbles into a room where his wife s connected to some sort of extraction machine... he desperately tries to free her but it is no use then all of the sudden hears a series of weird clicking sound pulsating in his head and he falls to the ground paralyzed. He is the levitated and dragged away from the room while wired beings begin gruesome medical procedures as Sheila screams in utter terror and the machine cuts through her bone.

helpless to do anything...

The scene jumps to Joey waking up as if he had a nightmare in bed all limbs attached. He jumps out of the bed yelling for Mikey... Mikey yells I'm down stairs eating breakfast dad...

He runs to check on the baby and all of the items in the nursery were gone replaced with an office... Joey immediately asks Sheila where the hell Ruth is. and Sheila acts as if she didn't know what Joey was talking about. Joey exclaims Ruth! our baby girl...Shelia then responds are you going mad? You only have a son.... DUH DUH DA NAH....

Now this game could be like a survival horror mystery... Basically Joey and his family are abducted and experimented on by the species know as grays or something similar. Joey and his side of the family has been abducted several times and examined as a part of this unknown alien experimentation program. On this occasion they take 6 month old Ruth and erase all memory of her to her family and everywhere else. For some reason Joey recalls the incident. However, everyone thinks he is nutz.... his marriage breaks down.. he becomes a recluse and a UFO Hunter obsessed with finding the truth and his daughter...

The story would pick up later following Mikey in 2012. His abduction experience... and the unfolding of a vast alien agenda conspiracy.

The game could also cut away to various other characters that will tie into the story line like perhaps a government worker at the dulce facility or the moment the government made a deal with the grays... We could played through the supposed incident that broke up relations. The main character in this scene could try to navigate a series of labs where gruesome joint human/EBE experiments were taking place.... the abductions would take place on space craft but underground joint alien/military where certain floors of the facility were restricted to useage of the EBE's... The game cold explore lore and conspiracies in a truly horrific way....

scenes could take place internationally, in underground facilities, on space ships, on alien planets, in alternate realities and dimensions etc.
There would be plot twist like when the aliens abduct individuals they transport them using an unknown force (unknown to humans) that shifts them out of what we perceive as time and space. Joey could have been slipped back into an alternate time line where his family was actually dead and experimented on but since they still had use for him they phased him into an alternate timeline/universe so to speak..... or perhaps they wiped everyones minds and destroyed records and took Ruth because she was a hybrid or served a special purpose in their research.

If done correctly this could be a very interesting alien horror film... dealing with beings that harvest human organs and whom institute a program in which they trace and examine humans in certain blood lines for their agenda. Joey...

Anywho I have feeling this ALIENS game is going to blow

Nightvalien

Oct 18, 2010
"players scream in terror just like Dead Space." So i guess it will also scare my mom huh, marvelous ¬¬.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Dead Space was never scary to begin with. Was I on edge while playing? Yes, but I was never truly scared of anything the game threw at me.

That's not a bad thing, I mean, it's basically Resident Evil 4 in space.

And Resident Evil 4 was a brilliant game.
Trolldor said:
It'll be a "console core game,"
*snore*

Moving along.
I got ninja'd twice by the first two posts 0.o

And no, Dead Space was not scary, I jumped, but it was not nightmare material. It had no psychological fear, just dead people jumping at you and being promptly cut to pieces.

And I'm also a PC gamer, so damn.

Although I think the Dead Space niche has kinda been taken by you know... Dead Space. So unless there is some serious innovation here, it might not turn out so well.

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
'Sega has revealed the development of a new Alien game that'll possibly make players scream in terror just like Dead Space.'

For me it was more like "Yawn in Boredom". Unfortunately, dead space i think represents whats wrong with next gen horror, no sense of tact of fear whatsoever

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Last I checked SEGA stopped updating the console versions of their latest AVP...which left me with a very broken game, SHORTLY after releasing a mappack mind you. No way I'm gonna trust you with more money so you can screw up and bail again SEGA.

Omgsarge

May 11, 2009
AvP2 Marine campaign was scarier than anything they threw at you in Dead Space. (up to the killer exo suit part)

nima55

Paladin of Traffic Law
Nov 14, 2010
deploying joke ine 3...2...1...

In space no one can hear you try and rip off other games

Joke complete