Sega Releasing Game Gear Titles For 3DS

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I wonder why they picked Columns and not Super Columns, which I maintain to this day was the best entry in the series? Other than that, this sounds pretty cool, and these games are actually another selling point for the 3DS, at least for people like me who had a Game Gear as a kid. Maybe this time I'll be able to play for more than 20 minutes without having to plug into a wall...

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Timbydude said:
Yeah, pretty sure that's supposed to be Sonic & Tails 2.

OT: Meh. I played a lot of old Game Gear games as part of Sonic Adventure DX and a couple other random compilations. Maybe it was just the ones I played, but...they weren't too fun. =/
Yeah I had a game gear and the aspect ration of the screen was just wrong for side scrolling. Pretty weak mix of games, this news does not excite. I did like Sonic Tripple Trouble... but I already have it.

VladimirSirin

Jul 8, 2010
"Dragon Crystal" is an awesome roguelike.

Granted, I already have it on my real Game Gear, but the 3ds will most likely have a battery life of more than 15 minutes, so maybe I will re-purchase it....

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Wow, nothing like remaking horrible games from a decade and a half ago. I bet they are REALLY going to suck out loud now! I guess it will make all the majority of 3DS launch titles that are nothing but remakes of more modern games look that much better in comparison. Maybe next Nintendo will port over the Atari 2600 "classic" E.T.

It's really sad that the only single thing I've seen that even remotely impresses about the 3DS is the integration with Netflix and that isn't even gaming related. Although it doesn't matter what I think because Nintendo fanboys and school children everywhere will be fighting each other to get this piece of garbage when Nintendo inevitably constrains the supply to create an artificial shortage ala the Wii.

DAJ_

Apr 4, 2010
Man, there sure is a lot of bitching going on. If you guys don't want to play old titles, then don't. No one is forcing you, it's simply an option for those who DO.

Like me; I wanna play Castle of Illusion again, and now I don't have to worry about wasting 6 double As to do it. That sounds spiffy.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
No clue why everyone is whinging so much. I had a lot of great memories with the Game Gear, and there are a lot of titles I'd love to revisit. I'm keen.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Aj Rollo said:
"Dragon Crystal" is an awesome roguelike.

Granted, I already have it on my real Game Gear, but the 3ds will most likely have a battery life of more than 15 minutes, so maybe I will re-purchase it....
20?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Let's not forget Steam. I recently saw a cluster of Dreamcast titles on their list, on top of all the "Ultimate Genesis Collection" games.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Timbydude said:
OT: Meh. I played a lot of old Game Gear games as part of Sonic Adventure DX and a couple other random compilations. Maybe it was just the ones I played, but...they weren't too fun. =/
In all fairness, the GG was pretty much just a portable Mastersystem. Most of the games on it are just mastersystem games, portable.

I just hope they release that ONE game I want. Tails Adventure, for the win!