Sega Unveils Disappointing Dreamcast Collection

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Monshroud said:
Personally I would really like to see a Sega Saturn collection become available on XBL or PSN. The Saturn had some great titles that were just overshadowed by the PS1.
Agreed, just reading this made Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sonic R spring to mind. A few old Saturn re-releases would be a welcome touch to the marketplace

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I was hoping for Jet Set Radio, Rival Schools, Project Justice, and Sword of The Berserk: Guts' Rage. I will get Sonic Adventure someday but I'll wait for more of the ones that I want to play to be released.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
BabyRaptor said:
Sega Bass Fishing? Why?
I liked Sega Bass Fishing. *walks away in shame*

OT: I was hoping they'd make a larger collection. And did they polish up the graphics on the XBLA version of Sonic Adventure?

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
You know it's all a ploy to make more collections by going with this selection of games.

Personally, I'd buy Crazy Taxi for 10 bucks on it's own.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
<youtube=sUXEpO4uflE>

Edit: SA2 was way better and there is no Jet Set Radio, I am disappoint.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
That's not really a collection so much as a small grouping.

Crazy Taxi is the only one worth it, really.

Green Tentacle

Apr 9, 2009
It's disappointing when out of all the games that they pick for a collection, it's a fishing game and a game that's already ON the XBLA/PSN.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
VanityGirl said:
BabyRaptor said:
Sega Bass Fishing? Why?
I liked Sega Bass Fishing. *walks away in shame*

OT: I was hoping they'd make a larger collection. And did they polish up the graphics on the XBLA version of Sonic Adventure?
No, that came out wrong. It just seems to me that fishing games are simple, not hard to design, and it would be cheaper just to make a new one.

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
Disappointing doesn't even describe how I feel about this crap collection.

There are so many problems with this release that I don't even know if I want to begin with it being Xbox/PC only, or that Sega Bass Fishing is part of this "must-have" collection, the fact it's only 4 titles or that two of them have been released on the PSN/XBL since September/November. I don't even know what to say to this. Ridiculous comes to mind.

Where is Jet Set Radio? Where is Shenmue? Where are the GOOD games? Sonic Adventure (with DX upgrade no less) has been out since September, and Crazy Taxi has already been here since November. Assuming most people who want this title already have those two games, you're probably looking at $40 USD for two less-than-stellar games. Congrats, Sega, this is a piss-poor decision on your part and, for once, I don't care that it's not been announced for the PS3. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this was their cruel joke on the Microsoft crowd, because this is some amazing failure.

genamp

Nov 18, 2010
I swear, I'm feeling deja vu. Sega honestly cannot be coasting on the same rehash of Crazy Taxi and Sonic, with a "HD" sheen. Bass Fishing is hardly something to remember, and there's a reason Ulala isn't around anymore. GBA, anyone? Honestly, I'm upset by the lack of games like Skies or even Shenmue. Hell, I'd love to see a reworking of Daytona or something we haven't seen in a good long time. Now that they actually have some technological ability behind them, too. It's just sad to watch Sega these days...

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
No Skies of Arcadia no sale, I'm sorry. That game defines my Dreamcast and I will buy it over and over again and enjoy it everytime.